Ghost is developing the revolutionary technology that finally makes self-driving safe. Made possible by a breakthrough in crash prevention that can reliably handle any obstacle on the road, Ghost brings autonomous highway driving to the mass passenger car market.
Ghost was founded in 2017 by John Hayes and Volkmar Uhlig and is based in Mountain View, CA. Before Ghost, John founded Pure Storage, taking the company public in 2015.
Ghost is backed by investors including Mike Speiser at Sutter Hill Ventures, Keith Rabois at Founders Fund, and Vinod Khosla at Khosla Ventures.
Learn more at driveghost.com.
The Functional Safety Hardware Engineer at Ghost will be responsible for performing vehicle level functional safety analysis and execution. This will be a critical first hire on a new team.
What you will do:
- Work to ensure compliance throughout the lifecycle and provide technical guidance, consulting, and independent peer review of the system and component engineering
- Contribute to feature requirements and provide functional safety guidance on feature definition of the full suite of hardware systems including cameras, sensors, radar, compute, and vehicle drive platform
- Perform vehicle level HARA and generate safety goals as well as perform DFMEA and FTA analysis
- Collaborate with the system architecture teams to derive functional safety requirements and technical requirements from derived safety goals
- Provide independent peer review and approval of functional safety activities including technical review and resolution
- Act as a primary participant for testing to ensure compliance throughout the functional safety lifecycle
- BS/MS/PhD in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience within the automotive industry working within functional safety ISO 26262 specification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- History working within a cross-functional team on vehicle system functionality hardware
- Medical, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO, HMO, and HSA options available; 100% premium coverage of several PPO and HMO plans for employees and their dependents)
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Plans
- Life Insurance
Ghost is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.