Ghost is developing the revolutionary technology that finally makes self-driving safe. Made possible by a breakthrough in crash prevention that can reliably handle any obstacle on the road, Ghost brings autonomous highway driving to the mass passenger car market.
Ghost was founded in 2017 by John Hayes and Volkmar Uhlig and is based in Mountain View, CA. Before Ghost, John founded Pure Storage, taking the company public in 2015.
Ghost is backed by investors including Mike Speiser at Sutter Hill Ventures, Keith Rabois at Founders Fund, and Vinod Khosla at Khosla Ventures.
Learn more at driveghost.com.
What you will do:
- Define engineering requirement specifications for design, test and manufacturing of Ghost’s camera modules
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design) for camera hardware development and integration of camera hardware into vehicles
- Lead manufacturing partners on camera hardware design evaluation, prototyping, qualification and production bring up
- Work with internal cross-functional teams on camera module validation and testing in both internal lab and at manufacturing sites
- Develop internal image quality tests and tools for camera characterization to benchmark and improve performance of SW, Neural Networks, and ISP based algorithms
- Failure analysis and debugging of camera hardware and image quality at both the camera module and product level
- BS in Optics, Image Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Image Processing or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of industry or related work experience
- Well-versed in scientific programming software, such as MATLAB or Python
- Skilled with camera module or lens testing and characterization
- Experience in image quality evaluation
Nice to haves:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Optics, Image Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Image Processing or a related technical discipline
- Strength in sequential optical design software (e.g. Zemax, Code V, etc.)
- History with opto-mechanical design
- Knowledge with computer vision camera calibration
- Medical, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO, HMO, and HSA options available; 100% premium coverage of several PPO and HMO plans for employees and their dependents)
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Plans
- Life Insurance
Ghost is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.