At Ghost, our mission is to make self-driving for everyone. We build autonomous driving software for automakers, based on a breakthrough in artificial intelligence that finally makes highway autonomy safe and scalable for the consumer car market.
Ghost helps automakers reimagine the car of the future with a complete autonomy solution that can be fully customized and continuously upgraded, delivering a car that keeps getting better year after year.
At Ghost, we are responsible for both invention and productization – not only solving complex problems with novel technology but making sure that it can scale to millions of drivers on the road. It’s a bold undertaking, but one that makes for constant learning, real-world impact, and fulfilling work. Together, we are a small, multi-disciplinary team tackling one of the hardest challenges in technology today.
Ghost was founded in 2017 by John Hayes and Volkmar Uhlig. Before Ghost, John co-founded Pure Storage, taking the company public in 2015.
Ghost has 150 employees across its headquarters in Mountain View and additional offices in Dallas and Sydney. Ghost has raised $165 million from investors including Mike Speiser at Sutter Hill Ventures, Keith Rabois at Founders Fund, and Vinod Khosla at Khosla Ventures.
Learn more at https://ghostautonomy.com.
Ghost is growing our on-road vehicle operations significantly, going from several cars to dozens of cars driving tens of thousands of miles per month. We are also expanding geographically, adding fleet operations in the Metro Detroit area. In the Operations Program Manager, we seek an operations leader to help us scale and manage our fleet and our drivers safely and efficiently in our new Metro Detroit garage.
This person will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of our vehicle preparation, maintenance, and testing programs in Metro Detroit. The person will work in concert with Ghost’s Operation Manager in Mountain View, California and the various Ghost teams, including the Operations Team.
The Operations Manager may be subject to drug testing and additional background checks relating to their driving experience, including but not limited to any federal and state regulations applicable to Ghost’s business in Michigan. Among other things, this person will be required to demonstrate having continuously held a valid driver’s license for at least the last ten years. Continued employment will be contingent on satisfactory results of any such testing and checks, as well as successfully completing Ghost’s Safety Driver Program.
This person’s mandate spans two categories: Vehicle Operations and Driver Management. In addition, as a principal for Ghost in the Metro Detroit area, this person represents Ghost to the broader community and in particular to the local automotive industry.
Vehicle Operations Responsibilities:
- Vehicle preparation
- Inspection and maintenance
- Location tracking
- Performance monitoring, record keeping, and improvement
- Planning and orchestrating fleet vehicle utilization
- Identifying issues and bottlenecks in fleet operations
- Analyzing fleet performance and expenses
- Producing budgets and tracking major purchases
Driver Management Responsibilities:
- Monitoring, correcting, and improving driving behaviors and operations
- Mentoring, evaluating, and rewarding drivers
- Assisting in the recruitment and termination of drivers
- Setting driving schedules
- Training drivers on risk management protocols, safety standards, and more
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience, with a stint in field operations a plus
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal and written communication skills including the ability to engage with technical and non-technical audiences
- History building, coordinating, and maintaining schedules across multiple teams and locations
- Experience motivating, influencing, and resolving conflict with a variety of stakeholders
- IT/Software engineering knowledge, including familiarity with Windows and Linux command line utilities
- Medical, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO, HMO, and HSA options available; 100% premium coverage of several PPO and HMO plans for employees and their dependents)
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Plans
- Life Insurance
Ghost is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.