At Ghost, our mission is to make self-driving for everyone. We build autonomous driving software for automakers, based on a breakthrough in artificial intelligence that finally makes highway autonomy safe and scalable for the consumer car market.
Ghost helps automakers reimagine the car of the future with a complete autonomy solution that can be fully customized and continuously upgraded, delivering a car that keeps getting better year after year.
At Ghost, we are responsible for both invention and productization – not only solving complex problems with novel technology but making sure that it can scale to millions of drivers on the road. It’s a bold undertaking, but one that makes for constant learning, real-world impact, and fulfilling work. Together, we are a small, multi-disciplinary team tackling one of the hardest challenges in technology today.
Ghost was founded in 2017 by John Hayes and Volkmar Uhlig. Before Ghost, John co-founded Pure Storage, taking the company public in 2015.
Ghost has 150 employees across its headquarters in Mountain View and additional offices in Dallas and Sydney. Ghost has raised $165 million from investors including Mike Speiser at Sutter Hill Ventures, Keith Rabois at Founders Fund, and Vinod Khosla at Khosla Ventures.
Learn more at https://ghostautonomy.com.
What you will do:
- Understand camera requirements and develop internal image quality tests and tools for camera evaluation to benchmark and improve performance of SW, Neural Networks, and ISP based algorithms
- Develop and perform lab testing of cameras at module and product level
- Support camera testing at manufacturing sites
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Industrial Design) for camera module validation and integration of camera hardware into vehicles
- Perform failure analysis and debugging of camera hardware and image quality at both the camera module and product level
- B.S in Optics, Image Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Image Processing or a related technical discipline
- 1+ years of industry or related work experience
- Knowledge in scientific programming software, such as MATLAB or Python
- Experience with camera module or lens testing and characterization
- Familiarity with image processing and computer vision algorithms
- Understanding of image quality metrics and evaluation methodology
Nice to haves:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Optics, Image Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Image Processing or a related technical discipline
- Experience with computer vision camera calibration
- Expertise with image quality analysis software packages (e.g. Imatest, Image Engineering)
- Medical, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO, HMO, and HSA options available; 100% premium coverage of several PPO and HMO plans for employees and their dependents)
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Plans
- Life Insurance
Ghost is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.