At Ghost, our mission is to make self-driving for everyone. We build autonomous driving software for automakers, based on a breakthrough in artificial intelligence that finally makes highway autonomy safe and scalable for the consumer car market.
Ghost helps automakers reimagine the car of the future with a complete autonomy solution that can be fully customized and continuously upgraded, delivering a car that keeps getting better year after year.
At Ghost, we are responsible for both invention and productization – not only solving complex problems with novel technology but making sure that it can scale to millions of drivers on the road. It’s a bold undertaking, but one that makes for constant learning, real-world impact, and fulfilling work. Together, we are a small, multi-disciplinary team tackling one of the hardest challenges in technology today.
Ghost was founded in 2017 by John Hayes and Volkmar Uhlig. Before Ghost, John co-founded Pure Storage, taking the company public in 2015.
Ghost has 150 employees across its headquarters in Mountain View and additional offices in Dallas and Sydney. Ghost has raised $165 million from investors including Mike Speiser at Sutter Hill Ventures, Keith Rabois at Founders Fund, and Vinod Khosla at Khosla Ventures.
Learn more at https://ghostautonomy.com.
What you will do:
- Research new platforms, hardware, and strategies to design world-class hardware that minimizes development time and is on schedule, owning the entire product cycle for circuit board electronics that includes FPGA, CPU, SoC, and camera integration
- Utilize a systems approach to FPGA/CPU based hardware design and experience in bring up, debug, characterization of hardware
- Leverage MIPI, CAN, SerDes, UART, SPI, Camera interface designs
- Design in DC-DC Power converters and power distribution systems scope, planning, design, bring up, test, and validation
- Collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams to design elements of imaging systems as well as mixed signals
- Perform PCB schematic capture and assist the layout and CAD teams across hardware designs
- Execute functional testing, validation (EVT, DVT), and qualification (EMC/EMI, ESD, Voltage Surge, Environmental etc.)
- Develop test and bring up plans for hardware that incorporate root cause and failure analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a related field
- 10+ years’ experience on Digital, Processor and SoC subsystems, and power conversion
- End-to-end product design/development to mass production experience
- Working knowledge of design for EMC and other typical regulatory requirements
- Proficiency with schematic capture, PCB layout, and simulation tools (e.g., Orcad, Allegro, Spice, Matlabs)
- Knowledge of signal integrity, timing, analog signal, and power rail quality analysis and debugging
- Expertise using all necessary test and measurement tools
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing processes and materials
- Ability to produce detailed documentation and design release processes
Nice to haves:
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Experience in Automotive Design
- Medical, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO, HMO, and HSA options available; 100% premium coverage of several PPO and HMO plans for employees and their dependents)
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Plans
- Life Insurance
Ghost is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.