At Ghost, our mission is to make self-driving for everyone. We build autonomous driving software for automakers, based on a breakthrough in artificial intelligence that finally makes highway autonomy safe and scalable for the consumer car market.
Ghost helps automakers reimagine the car of the future with a complete autonomy solution that can be fully customized and continuously upgraded, delivering a car that keeps getting better year after year.
At Ghost, we are responsible for both invention and productization – not only solving complex problems with novel technology but making sure that it can scale to millions of drivers on the road. It’s a bold undertaking, but one that makes for constant learning, real-world impact, and fulfilling work. Together, we are a small, multi-disciplinary team tackling one of the hardest challenges in technology today.
Ghost was founded in 2017 by John Hayes and Volkmar Uhlig. Before Ghost, John co-founded Pure Storage, taking the company public in 2015.
Ghost has 150 employees across its headquarters in Mountain View and additional offices in Dallas and Sydney. Ghost has raised $165 million from investors including Mike Speiser at Sutter Hill Ventures, Keith Rabois at Founders Fund, and Vinod Khosla at Khosla Ventures.
Learn more at https://ghostautonomy.com.
What you will do:
- Work with VP of Engineering to set clear goals for your team to produce measurable results
- Design software that runs on embedded systems and in data centers for the following tasks:
- Runtime system for co-ordination and execution of parts of autonomous driving system
- A statistics and analytics platform to collect and analyze data from such a system
- Work on systems engineering tasks related to the development of an autonomous driving system for system updates, logging, security, performance analysis, and job scheduling
- Compile and optimize programs that run on real-time systems and in large data centers
- Be responsible for all the releases assigned to your team
- Advocate for the engineering team culture and standards
- Re-enforce an engineering culture in your team where testing and validation happens at every step
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams
Nice to haves:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of low-level platform bring-up, device drivers, embedded operating systems
- Experience in building efficient protocols for secure data transfer
- Skill in handling big data using tools such as Apache Spark
- Familiarity with compilers and operating systems