At Ghost, our mission is to make self-driving for everyone. We build autonomous driving software for automakers, based on a breakthrough in artificial intelligence that finally makes highway autonomy safe and scalable for the consumer car market.
Ghost helps automakers reimagine the car of the future with a complete autonomy solution that can be fully customized and continuously upgraded, delivering a car that keeps getting better year after year.
At Ghost, we are responsible for both invention and productization – not only solving complex problems with novel technology but making sure that it can scale to millions of drivers on the road. It’s a bold undertaking, but one that makes for constant learning, real-world impact, and fulfilling work. Together, we are a small, multi-disciplinary team tackling one of the hardest challenges in technology today.
Ghost was founded in 2017 by John Hayes and Volkmar Uhlig. Before Ghost, John co-founded Pure Storage, taking the company public in 2015.
Ghost has 150 employees across its headquarters in Mountain View and additional offices in Dallas and Sydney. Ghost has raised $165 million from investors including Mike Speiser at Sutter Hill Ventures, Keith Rabois at Founders Fund, and Vinod Khosla at Khosla Ventures.
Learn more at https://ghostautonomy.com.
The Platform Software Engineer will spearhead mission-critical efforts that sit at the intersection of software and hardware. They will work closely with colleagues across Ghost to formulate and execute an ambitious strategy for which safety and scalability is front and center.
What you will do:
- Oversee firmware and platform software development efforts for the Ghost ADS product including but not limited to vehicle integration
- Guide and contribute to multiple project processes
- Design process
- Implementation process – heavy lifts, provide code reviews, and assist team members with task breakdowns and implementations
- Verification and validation process
- (For Tech Leads) Supervise project planning and execution for the team
- Project requirements and scope negotiation
- Project team lifecycle (formation, ramping, wind down)
- Task breakdowns
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Expertise in embedded systems
- (For Tech Leads) Experience leading teams to successfully complete complex software projects
Nice to haves:
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Automotive industry knowledge
- Medical, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO, HMO, and HSA options available; 100% premium coverage of several PPO and HMO plans for employees and their dependents)
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Plans
- Life Insurance
Ghost is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.