All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
We use Greenhouse as our scheduling tool and communicate through their systems. At times, your email may block our communications. Please be sure to check your SPAM so that you do not miss critical information about our process, including scheduling.
The Assistant Vice President of Data System Administration will be responsible for managing various key data systems and services that includes AWS services (EC2, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, S3, ELB, NLB, EFS) and On Premise databases and servers, across the organization and providing people and technology leadership. The Assistant Vice president will also expand and optimize the data and data pipeline architecture, as well optimize data flow and collection for cross functional teams. This role will constantly work with Cloud Engineers, Data Engineers, System Administrator and Architects to find opportunities to leverage new technologies to process large volumes of data. The Assistant Vice President will perform data architecture analysis, design, development and testing to deliver data applications, services, interfaces, ETL processes, reporting and other workflow and management initiatives. The role will work closely with the business stakeholders, data architects and IT teams to support on data strategy initiatives and will ensure optimal data system performance and architecture is consistent throughout the strategy. The Assistant Vice President will also be working with DevOps engineers and build CI/CD pipeline for Infrastructure as Code and automated deployment. This role requires a highly motivated individual with strong leadership capability, technical ability, data capability, excellent communication, and collaboration skills including the ability to develop and troubleshoot a diverse range of problems.
- Architect, build, and maintain scalable cloud environments and applications for data organization.
- Understanding business objectives of the company and creating cloud-based solutions to facilitate those objectives.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code and deploy code using Terraform, Gitlab
- Install and maintain software, services, and application by identifying system requirements.
- Maintains environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring system performance.
- Migrate system from on-premise and AWS cloud to another account
- Migrate system from one AWS cloud to another AWS account
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis and performance tuning;
- Troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems;
- Secures web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; and maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades system and services and developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Communicating with internal teams, like EIMO, Operations, and IT, EA and Cloud Architect
- Communicate with stakeholders and build applications to meet project needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in System, platform, and AWS cloud administration
- Minimum of 5 years of AWS experience as Solution Architect using latest AWS technologies – AWS EC2, ECS, VPC, AWS EMR, AWS Lambda, AWS Batch, AWS RDS, Redshift
- Experience with Java, Python, Redshift, MySQL, or equivalent database tools
- Experience with Agile software development using JIRA
- Experience in multiple OS platforms with strong emphasis on Linux and Windows systems
- Experience with OS-level scripting environment such as KSH shell., PowerShell
- Experience with version management tools and CICD pipeline
- In-depth knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite, security architecture, securing and hardening Operating Systems, Networks, Databases and Applications.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) , query performance tuning.
- Experience supporting and optimizing data pipelines and data sets.
- Knowledge of the Incident Response life-cycle
- AWS solution architect certifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Various jurisdictions have passed pay transparency laws that require companies provide salary ranges for any positions for which they are accepting applications. Global Atlantic has offices in Atlanta, Batesville, Bermuda, Boston, Des Moines, Hartford, Indianapolis, and New York City. The base salary range posted below is inclusive of the lowest cost of living geography to the highest in which we have a Global Atlantic office.
Global Atlantic’s base salary range is determined through an analysis of similar positions in the external labor market. Base pay is just one component of Global Atlantic’s total compensation package for employees and at times we hire outside the boundaries of the salary range. Other rewards may include annual cash bonuses, long-term incentives (equity), generous benefits (including immediate vesting on employee contributions to a 401(k), as well as a company match on your contributions), and sales incentives. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Compensation for our more senior positions have a larger component of short-term cash bonus and long-term incentives. The base salary range for this role is $110,000 to $195,000.
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities:
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest, Outward Bound, Teach for America, StreetWise Partners,
- Boston: Catie’s Closet, Project Bread, Thompson Island Outward Bound Education Center, Cradles to Crayons, and many others
- Hartford: Braids and Company, Junior Achievement
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: So Loved Ripley County Foster Closet, Southeastern Indiana YMCA, Batesville Community Education Foundation, Southeastern Indiana Voices for Children, local area youth sports, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way of Central Iowa, Meals from the Heartland, Oakridge Neighborhood, Community Support Advocates, and many others
- Wayne: For Pete’s Sake, Chester County Food Bank, Habitat for Humanity Chester County, Brandywine SPCA, as well as others
- Bermuda: Transformational Living Centre for Families
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email email@example.com.
Please click on the below links to learn more about Global Atlantic.