All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
We use Greenhouse as our scheduling tool and communicate through their systems. At times, your email may block our communications. Please be sure to check your SPAM so that you do not miss critical information about our process, including scheduling.
The AVP Data Support Leader provides day-to-day management for various data operations functions, including overall management and oversight of our Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) which is an enterprise data repository and single source truth for investments, insurance, finance, and other enterprise data. EDH is an eco-system which includes various ETL jobs, data transformations, data stores, business Intelligence, reports, API services and downstream data feeds. The role will be required to collaborate and support the delivery teams with work allocation & project tracking, vendor management, incidents management and release management
- Provide technical support for data production cycles jobs and troubleshoots issues
- Plan and support month end, quarter end and year end critical jobs
- Continue to refine and improve existing production support procedures
- Interact with infrastructure, cloud management, development, QA, DBA and application teams.
- Provide regular status reports to management on data flow status, data quality status and other metrics.
- Prioritize issues/incidents raised and resolve it accordingly
- Report promptly to management and business partners regarding critical outages until resolution.
- Responsible to improve the stability and performance of the BI systems/platforms.
- Provide effective and inspiring day-to-day leadership presence
- Guide your team in communication and troubleshooting best practices
- Manage high impacting incidents, working with internal teams to drive an incident resolution, whilst maintaining good client communications
- Work smarter, not harder to, re-engineer business processes when there are efficiencies to be had and introduce automation for easily repeatable processes
- Familiarity and use of industry frameworks like Six Sigma lean operations management nice to have
- 10+ years’ as a Data Support leader or as a Senior Data engineer
- 10+ years' working experience in developing or supporting Data systems in SQL, Java, Python
- 5+ years working experience in supporting or developing Scala, Spark, Python & Hadoop
- 3+ years’ experience in a data operations role
- 3+ years’ experience in a hands on manager role
- 3+ years’ experience of Managing, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Degree level in relevant subject – Computer Science or Mathematics or related discipline
- Working knowledge of BI Tools like Tableau, Business Objects, Alteryx.
- Good Knowledge of Data Warehouse architecture and Data Integration concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time and task management - as an individual and for the team
- Strong analytical mindset with attention to detail in work the ability to remain calm and flexible in the face of increased demands, changing priorities and uncertain environment
Various jurisdictions have passed pay transparency laws that require companies provide salary ranges for any positions for which they are accepting applications. Global Atlantic has offices in Atlanta, Batesville, Bermuda, Boston, Des Moines, Hartford, Indianapolis, and New York City. The base salary range posted below is inclusive of the lowest cost of living geography to the highest in which we have a Global Atlantic office.
Global Atlantic’s base salary range is determined through an analysis of similar positions in the external labor market. Base pay is just one component of Global Atlantic’s total compensation package for employees and at times we hire outside the boundaries of the salary range. Other rewards may include annual cash bonuses, long-term incentives (equity), generous benefits (including immediate vesting on employee contributions to a 401(k), as well as a company match on your contributions), and sales incentives. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Compensation for our more senior positions have a larger component of short-term cash bonus and long-term incentives. The base salary range for this role is $107,000 to $204,000.
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email email@example.com.
Please click on the below links to learn more about Global Atlantic.