All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
We use Greenhouse as our scheduling tool and communicate through their systems. At times, your email may block our communications. Please be sure to check your SPAM so that you do not miss critical information about our process, including scheduling.
This role provides an opportunity to interact with multiple lines of business and internal stakeholders within the context of the monthly GAAP financial close process. The successful candidate for this Legal Entity Controller (LEC) role will be involved in all aspects of Legal Entity Controllership for our growing Life & Annuity and Reinsurance business. You will be involved in the management of the monthly close of the general ledger and ensure that procedures/processes have been completed for timely and accurate reporting of the financial statements. You will liaise with various functional groups (Planning and Analysis, Actuarial, Tax, Investments, Reinsurance, IT and Treasury) to discuss substantive issues that affect Financial Statement reporting.
- Month-end analytical review of the standalone and consolidated legal entities to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial statements, including journal entry preparation/approval, coordinating deadlines, and fluctuational analyses.
- Operate within the context of a SOx-compliant organization, including the identification of weaknesses in internal controls and make recommendations for improvements to processes, work flows, procedures, and reporting efficiencies
- Assist with external audits and examinations by preparing work papers and analyzing data
- Drive process improvement to enhance reporting and gain efficiencies
- Legal entity accounting & control on a monthly basis, including oversight of the month-end close process, parent/child accounting, equity pick up, review of inter-entity breaks and unnatural general ledger balance monitoring
- Investigate, analyze and resolve issues and respond to ad-hoc queries
- Preparing financial statements under US GAAP and performing analytical reviews
- Preparing quarter end and year end reporting schedules for the Financial Reporting group
- Working proactively in non-quarter end periods to address problem areas from prior reporting periods
- Continuous improvement with regards to transitioning from manual processing to automated system process, including project management of automation initiatives
- Aiding in the completion of key control deliverables for Finance
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA/CMA credentials are strongly preferred
- 5+ years of related accounting and reporting, preferably with accounting or reporting experience with a Reinsurer or Insurer.
- Experienced with general ledger accounting, month-end close, reconciliations, financial statements, variance analysis and strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Superior accounting and analytical acumen, with ability to understand, produce and explain all aspects of the company’s financial statements
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience with complex ledger and reporting applications preferred (PeopleSoft general ledger, Smartview, Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management).
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills for creating insightful, actionable reporting.
- Strong technical skills with ability to understand complex financial transactions and entity structures
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills to build relationships and foster trust at all organizational levels and a strong client service orientation.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, with an ability to be flexible in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Ability to partner effectively with others, as well as act as an advisor to business partners within the lines of business or legal entity chains
- Superior attention to detail, ability to deep dive on processes/issues and improve controls/efficiencies
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Various jurisdictions have passed pay transparency laws that require companies provide salary ranges for any positions for which they are accepting applications. Global Atlantic has offices in Atlanta, Batesville, Bermuda, Boston, Des Moines, Hartford, Indianapolis, and New York City. The base salary range posted below is inclusive of the lowest cost of living geography to the highest in which we have a Global Atlantic office.
Global Atlantic’s base salary range is determined through an analysis of similar positions in the external labor market. Base pay is just one component of Global Atlantic’s total compensation package for employees and at times we hire outside the boundaries of the salary range. Other rewards may include annual cash bonuses, long-term incentives (equity), generous benefits (including immediate vesting on employee contributions to a 401(k), as well as a company match on your contributions), and sales incentives. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Compensation for our more senior positions have a larger component of short-term cash bonus and long-term incentives. The base salary range for this role is $103,549 to $197,237.
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email email@example.com.
Please click on the below links to learn more about Global Atlantic.