GGV Capital is a multi-stage global venture capital firm founded in 2000, with $9.2 billion under management across seventeen funds. The Firm has a targeted investment strategy, backing the most dynamic tech-enabled sectors including e-commerce and new retail, cloud, frontier technology and disruptions to traditional industries. GGV Capital currently manages a growing investment portfolio that now includes more than 200 active companies. GGV Capital is a top quartile performer and ranked amongst the best venture capital firms globally.
Reporting directly to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Portfolio Accountant is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our active funds, complex partnership accounting, financial reporting, tax projects, and other related business operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of financial reporting packages for various funds, including financials and capital account allocations.
- Determine cash needs of the funds, coordinate investment funding, prepare capital calls and distributions.
- Ownership of general ledger, including journal entries, and monthly reconciliations.
- Calculate fund performance metrics.
- Assist in audits, review of tax returns, K-1s, analyze foreign filing disclosure requirements, and FATCA/CRS compliance.
- Monitor accounting and tax compliance with partnership agreements.
- Monitor SEC compliance related to ownership filings.
- Respond to investor inquiries and info requests.
- Additional duties and responsibilities commensurate with demonstrated abilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance or accounting, and 5+ years of relevant experience, primarily in venture capital partnership accounting and tax compliance. Public accounting and/or direct experience in venture capital is strongly preferred. High-level skills using Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and PEView/Dynamo or similar accounting software experience is required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for numbers and accuracy, have high quality consciousness and attention to detail, possess strong organizational, written/oral communications, and interpersonal skills, and have the ability to prioritize and complete projects on a timely basis. The candidate must demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and proactively to identify and resolve issues.
Personal information may be collected during your engagement as an employee or contractor by GGV Capital. “Personal Information” for employee or contractor may include but not limited to: name, contact information, information from job application materials or recruiters, professional qualifications, immigration status, biographical information, job preferences, employment history, background check information and information needed to understand and assess accommodation requests regarding potential disabilities or other health conditions.
Providing personal information to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may be unable to consider your application. By submitting your application, you are consenting to allow GGV Capital access to collect, process and store your personal information.
To the extent required by law, at any time, you may withdraw from GGV Capital further processing your personal information by sending a written notice to GGV Capital’s Director of HR at email@example.com.