Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States and Canada.
What You'll Do
Our Marketing team tells the world the story of Shogun. As the Director of Marketing Design you will help our team designers craft and deliver that story to as many people as possible. You will direct your team and apply our brand to design work, as well as hire, grow and mentor the designers on the team now and in the future. You will set best practices, create process and strategy, and collaborate with all the leads of the pillars of marketing, as well as the product design team leads.
What You'll Bring
Need to have
- Working experience with big-picture design thinking on a fast-moving marketing team
- Experience with design-oriented tech companies
- 3+ years experience in hiring, leading, and scaling diverse, geographically dispersed, high-performing teams
- An excellent eye for modern design aesthetics
- The ability to facilitate workshops, lead design direction, and mentor designers
Nice to have
- Experience with ecommerce
- Sharp, pixel-perfect visual skills and experience in the latest design software (Sketch, Figma, Webflow)
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing complex user flows and distilling them into easy to use end user experiences
- The ability to be self-started and know what makes you productive
- Experience working with content, product marketing, growth, and demand-gen teams
- Experience with analytics, optimization, and other marketing techniques
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.