After building a healthy SaaS business in 2022, Getro is launching our second product! In this pivotal moment, we’re seeking an experienced Sales professional to lead our Sales function and manage our growing team. Getro aims to become the platform of choice for making professional introductions in the Venture Capital market. Our Sales Lead will bring a consultative, strategic approach to this mission, helping us become the market leader. This role will report to the COO.
Getro helps people connect to life changing professional opportunities through trusted networks. Who’s a trusted network?
We help 700+ independent professional networks — including venture capital funds (Lerer Hippeau), web3 organizations (Polygon), accelerators (Techstars), membership communities (QueerTech), economic development organizations (Good Life CNY), universities (University of Toronto), and more — make better introductions for their member and measure the outcomes of the introductions they make in their networks. How?
- GetroJobs, which automatically aggregates jobs across a network of companies, making network opportunities visible;
- GetroConnect, which allows talent within the network to connect with those opportunities and companies, facilitating introductions and referrals.
If you’ve ever hired or been hired through a referral, you know how powerful the right introduction can be. That’s the power of Getro.
You, as an expert:
- 5+ years of direct experience across multiple sales functions (account executive, business development, etc.), ideally with some management experience
- You have led initiatives around go to market, playbook creation, value selling, campaign optimization at an early stage B2B SaaS company
- Knowledge of Hubspot or similar products
- Past success analyzing data, delivering recommendations, and executing programs to improve Sales outcomes and experiences
- Experience working closely with product teams to represent feedback from prospects and customers, facilitating discovery work
- A strategic mindset and understanding of our customer personas, especially venture capitalists
- Experience working remotely, ideally as a manager
You, as a person:
- Comfortable as a player / coach, this role will begin with a strong Individual Contributor (IC) component directly selling to customers with growth opportunities in leadership
- Proactive and performance-driven. You make things happen
- Resourceful and comfortable with ambiguity
- Practiced in committed ownership: you own your projects from beginning to end. You ask for buy-in to make better decisions but aren’t paralyzed without it. When things go wrong, you accept accountability for your part without blaming others. You share your learnings openly
- Team player with a high level of integrity and desire to assist your team and customers
- Proactive communicator
- You live between the Pacific and Eastern US time zones
A Week in the Life of a Sales Leader:
- Taking 10 sales calls directly, following up on open deals you own, and managing your own pipeline
- Watching a teammate’s recorded sales demos then coaching them to help prospects more clearly understand how they can achieve their desired outcomes with our products
- Designing a campaign to re-engage previously lost Leads who might be swayed by the launch of our second product, setting the metrics to define success and building the collateral your team will need to meet your objectives
- Presenting to the CEO and COO your proposal to bring our SDR work in-house, including a clear execution timeline and evaluation of the ROI, risks, and mitigation plan
- Building dashboards and workflow automations in Hubspot to help AEs improve their close rate this quarter
- Holding one-on-one meetings with the Sales team members you manage
- Documenting and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the sales function in real time
- Completing weekly reporting for leadership’s review to summarize pipeline health and active workstreams, and obstacles requiring unblocking
- Running a meeting with the Customer Success team to brainstorm strategies to improve the prospect to customer handover process, addressing relationship / rapport transfer, data hygiene, and process concerns
- 100% remote, 100% flexible: We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose (between the PST and CET time zones). We believe in working smarter, not harder.
- Salary: $120-$180k OTE
- Why the range? We decide salaries based on the cost of living where you're based
- $200 / month cash coworking stipend
- Access to coaching from experts to guide your professional growth in this role
- Generous Employee Stock Options with an attractive strike price
- Unique culture: we are humans first and believe that work is more fulfilling when we can show our full selves to the people we work with
- Work alongside a diverse, fully distributed team from 7+ countries
- Make an impact: help shape the path of an early-stage team
- Techstars 2017 graduates
- Our co-founders have been working together in the recruiting space for the last 10 years and are multi-time founders
- Remote-first company since 2018
- 21 team members across 7+ countries (Hear from Ted & meet Thomas from our team)
- As a fully remote company, we don't have offices, but we do get together virtually and in-person for Summits (Germany, Cape Town, San Fran, Portugal...)
How we work:
We're ambitious but realistic - we know anything worth doing takes time. We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose. We believe in working smarter, not harder - we don't value presenteeism and we're not impressed by long working hours. Above all, we value the contribution of each individual and take seriously our responsibility to enable you to work on things you love. These aren't just words - they're part of everything we do, including how we design our products.
One last thing:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Getro we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role, or others. :)