Getro is looking for a Product Manager to form part of our core team (first 20 employees). This is a career-defining opportunity to craft the product strategy with our CPO as we move to Series A and beyond...
You, as a person:
- You are a passionate person, and care about combining human technology and empathy
- You are highly driven and proactive - you make things happen
- You practice extreme ownership
- You are detail oriented
- You are a proactive communicator and team player
- You are obsessed with customer and stakeholder feedback
- You make decisions with facts
- You work between the EST and CST timezones (most of our development team is in CET)
You, as an expert:
- Experience working at a Seed to Series B company
- Min 3 years experience delivering product value to customers
- Recent experience filling the Product Owner role
- Technical background ideally as a software engineer
- Effective user stories writer
- Plus: experience in managing a data-intensive software product
- 100% remote, 100% flexible
- Salary: $85-122k (depending on location)
- Why the range? We're open to different levels of experience for this role, but still want to publish a salary range to make sure we're not wasting anyone’s time
- Generous Employee Stock Options with an attractive strike price
- Unlimited vacation
- Unique culture: humans first, unicorn dreams second
- Healthcare & coworking allowance
- Leadership opportunity to impact the company direction as one of the first 20 employees
72 Hours in Your PM Life:
- Zooming with our CPO to align on product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with our Engineering Manager and the Product Leadership team to drive team-level priorities
- Lead a customer call to understand needs and current product usage
- Provide designer and engineers context for customer problems. Do this with customer recordings, user stories, user journey maps, or your favorite tool to make sure everyone can empathize with the customer problem
- Process customer calls and feedback to be able to analyze market segments needs
- Write user stories capturing customer needs, and share it with the team ahead of backlog refinement sessions
- Refine stories with engineers, engineering manager, and designer, to split user stories
- Prioritize the backlog and share it with the team before product planning
- Participate in team retrospectives to learn as a group from the good and the bad.
- Lead product planning meetings with the team to make sure the team is clear about the priorities for the sprint.
- Collect feedback from our internal team about a feature you are about to prototype with customers directly
- Actively engage with our Implementation team to keep a tab on new customer experience and on-going data maintenance challenges
- Lead a call with a customer to prototype a new feature
Getro is on a mission to become the platform of choice for making professional introductions by combining technology and human empathy.
That’s nice, what do you do, though?
We have two products:
- GetroJobs, which automatically aggregates jobs across a network of companies;
- GetroNetwork, which allows talent (active and passive job seekers) and companies to connect with one another, facilitating introductions and referrals within networks.
Together our products provide all the quality that comes from a referral vs hundreds of faceless Linkedin profiles, with a UX that is built for employers, not recruiters, and doing away with all of the emailing, calls, and reminders that usually go into a referral request.
We help 400+ independent professional networks — including venture capital funds (Union Square Ventures), accelerators (TechStars), membership communities (Women 2.0), economic development organizations (Techleap.nl), universities (University of Toronto), and more — make better introductions for their members, measure the outcomes of their intros, and in some cases, make money.
Pre-Series A & proud:
- Techstars 2017 graduates
- Our co-founders have been working together in the recruiting space for the 'last 10 years. They’ve seen some things.
- Strong financials: $2M+ in revenue, $2M+ in seed financing to grow
- Remote-first company, from 2018 (before covid)
- 16 team members across 7 countries
- Our values are our north star; check out Getro.org (a network we set up in 2019 to help people get back to work after COVID-19)
- As a fully remote company, we don't have offices, but we do get together virtually and in person in company Summits (before the pandemic: Germany, Cape Town, San Fran...)
How we work:
We're ambitious, but realistic - we know anything worth doing takes time. We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose. We believe in working smarter, not harder - we don't value presentee-ism and we're not impressed by long working hours. Above all, we value the contribution of each individual and take seriously our responsibility to enable you to work on things you love. These aren't just words - they're part of everything we do, including how we design our products.