At Getro, we're on a mission to help people reveal the hidden potential inside their networks and do the work they love.
We build branded job boards and talent networks for venture capital funds, startup accelerators, professional communities, and governments across the world. Customers use our platform to save time when making high-value introductions between companies and professionals in their networks, and we're scaling quickly through the addition of new products, market segments, and geographies
As a remote company operating from 7 countries, we understand remote work and are constantly investing in our team by encouraging autonomy, clear communication, and discipline.
You're the glue on every team you work on. People come to you because they trust your judgement, and you make them feel heard while also giving them the truth.
You thrive when creating order from chaos.
You love parachuting in on business problems, finding efficient solutions, and hiring yourself out as fast as you can so that you can move to the next thing. You get that sometimes you need to be way in the weeds to do that, and that's fine with you.
You find creative ways of supporting team members when they're on the edge of their comfort zone. You embrace failure as a part of learning. You appreciate feedback and care about personal growth.
You like building new systems from scratch and fixing old ones when they're broken. You care about efficiency, and can handle getting the 80/20 done, then moving on. Prioritization comes naturally to you, and you're often the team member who holds others accountable to dropping the things that don't matter.
You care about the mission of Getro - helping people find better opportunities. You're looking for more than just a 9 to 5; it's important that your time is well spent, and translates to a material impact on the company every single day.
Your functional responsibilities will include:
- Hiring. Own the full cycle of scoping roles, defining scorecards, sourcing candidates, interviewing, and making hiring decisions.
- Finance. Partnering with our bookkeeper, fractional CFO, and CEO to review transactions, set budgets, and forecast future scenarios.
- Legal. Partnering with our legal team to make sure documentation is always compliant.
- Culture. Stewarding our core values by monitoring the evolution of our culture and creating the guardrails that make it easy for people to act in alignment.
- KPIs. Supporting function leaders to track key business metrics and synthesize insights to CEO and team.
- OKRs. Running the quarterly OKR planning process; collaborating with founders to make sure OKRs are aligned with company vision.
- Cross-functional projects. Leading cross-functional initiatives by holding team members accountable to timelines, quality of work, and alignment with OKRs and strategy.
- Strategy. Supporting leadership team on the evolution of company strategy; defining new market opportunities and budget allocation.
- Main point of escalation. Support team decision making and problem de-escalation using exceptional judgement and critical thinking skills.
- You've worked in at least one startup and have seen what it takes to grow a team from 20 to 100. Bonus points if it was B2B SaaS or a marketplace business.
- You've worked remotely for at least one year and understand what it takes to self-motivate and build a healthy remote culture.
- You've worked directly with executives, and understand how to be compassionate while also being direct.
- You know how to manage complex projects across multiple functions, keeping people organized, hitting deadlines, measuring outcomes, and bringing positivity to keep people energized.
- You're comfortable working in spreadsheets, bringing numbers to abstract business problems and opportunities. You get energized by making forecasts, bringing analysis to data sets, and generally holding teams accountable to being data driven.
- You've hired at least enough people to understand best practices; you get excited about creating scorecards, interviewing people, and finding the best team members to join the company.
- You've participated in OKRs and understand the framework. Bonus points if you've run the planning process.
- Working directly with Evan, our CEO, to expand Getro into new markets, launch new products, and 3x revenue in the next 18 months.
- Work for a company with a healthy remote culture and a diverse, international team that cares about treating each other with respect.
- Fair compensation.
- Building relationships within the worlds most impactful networks, including hundreds of venture capital funds all over the world.