About the company:
Getro is a quickly scaling start-up building branded job boards and talent networks for venture capital funds and startup accelerators across the world. Customers use our platform to save time when making high-value introductions between portfolio companies and professionals in their networks.
As a remote company operating from 7 countries, we understand remote work and are constantly investing in our team by encouraging autonomy, clear communication, and discipline.
We’re looking for a senior front engineer to join our early-stage, fast-growing team.You’d be responsible for building, testing, and maintaining front technology (mainly using React as you build new applications from scratch), that can scale from giving service to our current 100+ clients to thousands of them in the near future.
- Build amazing front end applications that can scale, maintain them, and maintain our design system. These are different applications/projects you’ll be involved with:
- Rebuilding products and infrastructure from scratch. You can see some examples of this products here:
- Our Talent Network product. You can see some examples of this product here:
- Our website - www.getro.com. This is the website we use to communicate with our existing and potential clients about who we are, what we do and why we do it
- Getro Design System: Build and maintain high quality React components that match our design system
- A/B test different versions of our products when needed to make sure we maximize the number of clients that reach out to us
- Write tests to minimize the number of bugs we push to production
- Write documentation to make sure our team knows how to use and QA the technology you implement
- Collaborate on designing UX mockups to make sure the code we develop is what our clients are asking us for
- Bringing a unique perspective to problem solving
Core Competencies and Accomplishments:
- A tenacious problem-solver; you hold your performance to a high bar and are motivated to consistently work towards stretch goals; you’re resourceful and not offset or discouraged by unforeseen challenges.
- Detail-oriented; you see the typos in an email even if you try not to. When testing code, often you spot bugs by simply looking at the code without making it run.
- A team player; you manage priorities effectively with a keen awareness toward how your work can support the team; you naturally break down silos with proactive communication.
- Someone who takes ownership; you like to take ownership for the projects you are leading and do whatever it takes to make sure those projects are successful.
- Receptive to feedback from clients and team members and take ownership to implement improvements you believe are necessary.
- Transparent with your process and proactively give feedback to other team members when you have it.
- Make a serious impact on an early-stage team
- Work remotely for a company with an intentional, healthy remote culture
- Competitive compensation package