Rested is an innovative new health startup in San Francisco. Our mission is to help people live happier lives by guiding them through an easy and trustworthy path for healthier sleep. We are combining the best in technology, machine-learning, mobile experiences, telemedicine, and cognitive behavioural therapy to diagnose and treat people’s sleep issues.
Rested is seeking a Full Stack Developer to help build beautiful and engaging web and mobile experiences for our users. You would work directly with the CTO to take high-level problems and solve them through unique and innovative product experiences. You would channel your passion for helping others into compelling technology that drives behaviour change, and helps our users on their path to better sleep health. We are looking for someone who is a really “jack of all trades” who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can switch context with ease.
- We believe in small, talented teams. Our engineering team is small in size, but large in ambition and responsibilities.
- We are tightly knit. We love sharing a laugh just as much as we love tackling problems together.
- We are driven to help others. We are all motivated to help people live healthier lives - that is the metric of success for us.
- We are pragmatic. Even though we work with some of the latest technologies like Swift and Docker, we always pick the right tool for the job. We prioritize things like code clarity over cleverness, and practicality over popularity.
- Data stores: PostgreSQL
- Data analytics: Theano, Google TensorFlow
- Ops: AWS, Docker, NewRelic, Aptible
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Very strong backend & API development skills with MVC frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django)
- Expertise with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience building web apps using front-end JS frameworks (e.g. React, Ember, etc.)
- A solid design sense that enables you build high-quality user experiences
- A pragmatic approach to software development, and a desire to learn
- The motivation to thrive in an intense, tight-knit, and high-growth startup environment
- Backend development to extend and support the API for the Rested mobile app(s)
- Develop new features and experiences on the (web) Rested Patient Platform
- Build integrations with third-party health care services and devices
- Provision scalable data infrastructure to support data science projects (i.e. building neural networks, machine learning frameworks, etc.)
- Prototype new web experiences for patients to get started with Rested
- Learnings from the creation of several early-stage companies, as Rested is part of the Atomic portfolio
- An open, collaborative, and fun team culture
- Working out of a beautiful 2-floor, 6000+ sq ft per floor open Atomic workspace in downtown Kitchener
- Top notch health & wellness benefits
We are based San Francisco but recently opened an office in the Atomic Co-Working Space in downtown Kitchener to take advantage of the exceptional talent the region has to offer. You will get the unique opportunity to work alongside several other incredible Atomic Labs portfolio companies that you can learn from and network with. Join us as we look to make a major positive impact and help alleviate our society of one of its biggest health conditions!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We encourage applicants from underrepresented communities, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We take the challenge of building a diverse workplace seriously -- learn more about our efforts to prioritize diversity in hirings in a recent post by our co-founder: