ResQ was founded with the belief that restaurant operators and service providers should have a much better way to operate their businesses. As a first step towards our mission, we have built a SaaS-enabled marketplace that helps fast-growing restaurants manage their repairs and maintenance, empowering them to focus on their customers.
Repair and maintenance is the heartbeat of any restaurant's operations, yet the existing management methods are complex, expensive, and time-consuming. With ResQ, restaurants can simply get connected to qualified service providers, submit jobs, track progress, and pay, all in one place.
We are trusted by the world's leading restaurant brands and are venture-backed by top-tier global VCs - and we are just getting started!
Hello Future ResQer!
ResQ is looking for an SMB Account Executive to join our sales team and help us take ResQ to the next level. As the team that drives most of the net revenue for the business, this is an exciting opportunity that provides high impact results. From a mission perspective, you will play a pivotal role by creating meaningful partnerships with some of the best local and regional restaurants in your market.
We understand that joining a team is one of the most important choices you make, and adding a team member is one of the most important choices we’ll make. We want you to get to know us, and we want to understand how you approach problems, learn, and what motivates you.
We thrive on being transparent and we know Sales requires a certain interest and discipline, so we have included some questions to ask yourself to help you choose if this role is right for you at this specific time (if not, then let’s connect later!!)
Are you nodding your head with excitement at the idea of:
- Being the first or second Sales rep in a State with a vision and a ‘trail map to rehabilitate an industry
- Being the first to try - or convincing someone to try - something new
- Enjoy speaking with the staff at restaurants to learn and help solve their business needs
- Knowing that the next day there will be more no than yes’s but your innate sense of determination tells you that this is part of the process of building a something great
If all of that makes your heart sing then we’d love for you to watch a video where our Talent Manager and Head of Sales brief you on where we are right now.
What you will do:
As an Account Executive, SMB at ResQ, you will learn from restaurateurs, then share their stories and help us break a new trial in Repair & Maintenance (R&M). Specifically, you will be contributing in the following areas:
- Outbound Sales: We’ve experimented and found the path to success for our clients at this stage in the R&M business is to meet them face to face. Or as Chad (Head of Sales) says in the video: “You’ll be pulling on doors”. So you’ll need your walking boots! We’ll ask you to help deliver a predominantly outside sales strategy by taking ownership of the entire sales cycle generating leads, qualifying, conducting demos in-person or virtually, onboarding and closing. You’ll be most successful if you are metrics driven and relentless in the pursuit of exceeding your targets.
- Calibrating for Market fit: We’ll give you the raw materials but there is a need for you to bring ideas to the table - we’ll ask you to experiment with different "out of the box" ways to gain access, build trust, overcome objections and create urgency with the goal of generating and closing deals
- Building Relationships: We’ll ask you to be the face of ResQ in your zone by creating and honouring close relationships with our customers. We’ll ask you to contribute to our customers receiving the best experience.
- Feeding back Market Intelligence: We’ll rely on you to share on-the-ground market and customer insights to help make ResQ’s offerings and sales strategy stronger. The team is all ears as we move into and localize our offerings!
Who you are:
You already know sales involves lots of patience and persistence - and we know that years of Sales experience can be an imprecise proxy for success at a start-up. So we’re open to different paths - we’re looking for attitude first and we can train for the skills - we’ll focus on transferable skills so we want to ensure that you are ready to start this next chapter of your career with us!!!
- 1+ year(s) experience in an outbound sales cycle in a fast growth environment
- Comfortable communicating in a with senior restaurant executives, owners, restaurant staff and vendors
- Employ a data and metric-driven mindset with a deep dedication toward achieving both your own and the company's targets
Nice to haves:
- Deep understanding of sales processes and the importance of moving opportunities through the funnel
- Experience with sales management tools like Salesforce
- Experience in the restaurant industry or technology marketplaces would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Challenger Sales methodology
How you will do it:
- A self-starter: You wake up, form a plan, and get going!
- Practice Extreme Ownership - including exhibiting a bias for action, a deep desire to understand all parts of our business, including our customers, and partners; taking risks, adapting and learning till you succeed; a mindset to persevere!
- Be open to feedback; listen, learn, and iterate. We’re all One Team!
- Live and breathe a customer-first mindset, one that cares deeply about the customer experience and set new standards for service
What to expect as a candidate:
While we are never perfect, we have aimed to build a process that fosters fairness and helps to minimize bias, this includes structured processes and interviews. Our goal is that everyone interviewed has a positive experience, regardless of the outcome.
Stage 1: Send us your resume and a note about how your story connects to ours. Feel free to focus on what you have learned rather than just a list of responsibilities. Tell us your story! We’ll aim to tell you quickly if it is not the right fit so you are always informed.
Stage 2: Successful candidates will meet with Amanda, Talent Manager. It will be standardized to keep things fair but also with enough room to show your uniqueness. We’ll communicate the salary range now for full transparency. If you like us and we also think there is a fit, we’ll invite you to the next stage.
Stage 3: A call with our Regional Sales Manager who will ask you more in depth questions about your experience and skills. Come with questions! If this call goes well and we both want to move forward with each other we will ask you to complete an assignment for your next and final call.
Stage 4: This is the final stage in the process and we will ask you to present your assignment to our Regional Sales Manager and Head of Sales. We will provide feedback, ask some more questions (who doesn’t love more questions…) and leave time for you to ask questions to our team.
Why ResQ may not be the right place for you:
We are a mission-driven team and have a big vision to revolutionize the service industry. While on that journey, we recognize that building a startup is very hard. Turning vision into reality in a fast-growing environment takes superhuman efforts and is often one of the most difficult, yet rewarding, things one can do. To learn more about why ResQ may not be the right place for you, click here.
Perks and Offerings
We believe in taking care of each other and being able to offer several benefits to help support our team to be their best selves. If you want to learn more about what you'll enjoy at ResQ as a Full-Time Employee, visit our Perks and Offerings page!
ResQ strongly believes that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will result in a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. ResQ is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or disability, or any other status or condition protected by Ontario or local law. ResQ is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.