Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian Entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce + More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
Our Style And Culture
We're looking for a winner who shares our vision. You'll be joining Prospa because you genuinely believe the mission to empower African Entrepreneurs is important and exciting.
You demand the best from yourself and make your teammates better. You celebrate success but never settle, you execute at speed while maintaining quality. You are humble and courageous.
You want to work with a community of people where you can learn fast, grow rapidly and be recognized for your work. At Prospa we don't believe in micro-management, everyone is committed to the success both personally and professionally. We give you the autonomy and ownership to solve problems and deliver.
- Design and enhance cloud architecture for optimal performance, security, and usability.
- Implement, maintain, monitor, and support cloud infrastructure.
- Collect and review business and operations requirements to improve overall user experience.
- Collaborate with multiple vendors to create scalable cloud infrastructure and security solutions.
- Work with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, develop, and release software versions.
- Schedule and deploy releases, fixes, patches, and updates as needed.
- Ensure that our environments are secure and protected against security breaches, attacks, and other vulnerabilities.
- Document and maintain configuration management and environment settings.
- Suggest alterations to release workflow to improve efficiency, quality, and success.
- Identify areas for operational optimization based on market gaps and technological advancements.
- Develop and maintain service quality monitoring and systems management solutions.
- Design procedures for system and network troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues by deploying updates and fixes, and provide level 2 support.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks for automatic code deployment (CI/CD).
- Implement automated backup/restore, failover, and load balancing solutions over the cloud.
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles, practices, and Agile Scrum development disciplines.
- Experience with all phases of the software product life cycle, from conception to release and end-of-life.
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure, products and its DevOps dashboard console, as well as AWS CloudWatch, Sentry, and SQL database management.
- Strong system administration and scripting skills for Linux infrastructure.
- Experience with version control, release management, and deployment tools such as GitHub/Bit bucket, CI/CD.
- Knowledge of systems and platforms security features and implementing security disciplines.
- Proven familiarity with infrastructure security and code security, source protection methods.
- Working experience of Terraform on Infrastructure As Code principle, Helm Charts for deployments.
Other Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Amazon Web Services: IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Autoscaling, Lambda.
- Amazon Web Managed Products: EC2, ECS, ECR, SES, Elasticache, RDS, Redshift.
- Infrastructure-As-Code: Terraform (Mandatory).
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform.
- Version Control and Code Storage Platforms: GitHub, BitBucket.
- Containerizing & Clustering: Compose, Docker, Dockerfiles, ECS, Helm, Kubernetes, Nginx, Vagrant.
- CI/CD Implementation: AppVeyor, Circle CI, Drone, GitLab, Jenkins, Mule, Spinnaker, TravisCI.
- Networking Concepts: Firewalls, NAT, Port
Here’s Just Some Of Our Prospa Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Work tools
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities