Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Head of Growth
Work Style: Onsite
We are seeking to hire a Head of Customer Service (Resolution) to lead a high performing team reporting directly to the Head of Growth. The Customer Resolution Manager will be working in a high pressured, fast paced environment, overseeing the day to day customer resolution roadmap.
The role will require the successful candidate to investigate and monitor disputed customer transactions that are received verbally and/or in writing to ensure we are providing excellent customer service, complying with all applicable regulations, and minimizing financial impact to the company. The Customer Service Manager (Resolution) will handle escalated customer issues which may involve answering/making calls to customers and/or merchants while conducting research.
Customer Service Manager (Resolution) Job Duties
- Manage the end to end error resolution process and ensure that there is adequate staffing to meet the current and projected workload.
- Manage employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations (paid time off),
- Monitor claims and/or calls and/or emails to ensure policy adherence and regulatory compliance.
- Provide management reporting highlighting team performance and identification of process gaps.
- Manage sensitive and escalated customer complaints ensuring senior managers are briefed where appropriate.
- Prepare appropriate responses to complaints received directly from customers or through regulators or bank partners.
- Developing training programs and policies to help team members effectively attend to customers' issues.
- Analyzing data to determine which strategies are most effective in resolving customers’ issues over time
- Ensure that team members provide excellent, courteous and professional customer service when interacting with the customer.
- Identify the type of transaction, reason for dispute and submit the notice claim (when applicable).
- Gather data from internal and external systems to substantiate transactions and determine appropriate course of action.
- Provide feedback to management regarding opportunities to continuously improve our business (i.e. updates to policies and procedures, system upgrades, etc).
- Escalate to management in a timely manner any issues of concern.
- Set weekly and monthly targets and monitor the performance of team members.
Requirements for the role:
- Self starter that thrives in a collaborative team environment with proven propensity to learn new technologies quickly
- Inspires others to achieve success
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- Dynamic, proactive and energetic leadership style
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word and Access
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and skilled in inbound and outbound calls to customers and/or merchants
- Enjoy new challenges in a rapidly growing environment
- Must be well organized with keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent time and people management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure of deadlines
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills
- May be asked to work overtime as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with clients across an organizational hierarchy, including executive/C-level.
- Ambitious and target focused with a drive to succeed.
- Proven experience as the head of customer service in a financial institution
- Must be a Nigerian
- Required to work onsite
- 5+years proven experience in customer service and 3+ years as a Customer sales manager in a financial institution or Fintech.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with a proven ability to motivate and manage a team.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their CV and cover letter online on or before 20tht September 2022.