We’re looking for a seasoned Accountant to join our growing Finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the position holder will be part of the Team to drive all Accounting and Book-Keeping functions of the Company.
Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
What you’ll do
- Approve all transactions posted into the Accounting Software
- Prepare Monthly Financial reports
- Prepare and Submit all Regulatory Reports
- Maintain Updated Schedules for relevant General Ledger Accounts.
- File Annual Payee returns
- Prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Prepare Daily Bank Settlement Reconciliations Transactions.
- Follow up with Outstanding Reconciliation items.
- Monitor All Accounts payable and follow Up for Settlement.
- Monitor All Accounts Receivable and notify Financial Controller if payment is not received.
- Trace and Correct all discrepancies in Account Payable and receivables.
- Compute Monthly VAT/WHT Payable and follow up for Remittance.
- Prepare Annual and Monthly Cash Budget
What you’ll need
- Degree Holder in Accounting or a business related
- Working experience of ateast 3 to 5 years in the finance department
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or any relevant Accounting Software.
- Able to work effectively and productively with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Exposure to the fintech environment
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team
- Sound judgment and confidentiality
Here’s just some of our perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Work tools
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities