We’re looking for a seasoned Accountant to join our growing Finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the position holder will be part of the Team to drive all Accounting and Book-Keeping functions of the Company.
Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
What you’ll do
- Review all Payment request and determine relevant Taxes Applicable.
- Confirm that Payment request is in line with Approved Budget.
- Process all Financial Transactions after verifying that relevant supporting documents were attached.
- Initiate Payments on Internet Banking Platforms if applicable.
- Send Out Acknowledgement emails for all Receipts of Funds.
- Notify Requesting Officers once payment has been made.
- Monitor Settlement Account and Request for Funds as needed.
- Follow up with all Transfer of Funds to Settlement Account with relevant partners and ensure account is credited.
- Maintain Investment Schedule
- Properly File investment Certificates.
- Prepare Schedule of Daily Receipts and Payments with links to relevant supporting documents.
- Reference Financial Transactions Properly.
- Post all transactions into the Accounting Software
- Prepare and Post all Monthly Journals including Withholding Tax
- Handle all Filling and Remittance of Statutory payments.
- Update Fixed Assets Register.
- Trace and Correct observed discrepancies in Postings into the General Ledger.
- Properly file all Receipts or documents in respect of Regulatory or Statutory Compliance.
- Monitor usage of Cheque books and Request for cheque Books before they are completely exhausted.
What you’ll need
- Degree Holder in Accounting or a business related
- Working experience of at least 3 to 5 years in the finance department
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or any relevant Accounting Software.
- Able to work effectively and productively with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Exposure to the fintech environment
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team
- Sound judgement and confidentiality
Here’s just some of our perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Work tools
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities