Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities.
- Advise business on various laws, regulations and standards in various jurisdictions of business operation including international obligations.
- Advice and address business/operations queries and any changes resulting in regulatory approvals and maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state, federal governmental and international bodies to ensure the business is up to date with the changing regulatory environment
- Review and provide advice to the business on matters concerning applicable laws, licensing and contracts required for operation of the business
- Work with risk and compliance to review applications for new activities/businesses and ensure conduct of activities are in line with regulations
- Review, negotiate, finalize business contracts including client and vendor contracts across various business needs
- Prepare and defend the business interests in commercial contracts and in a court of law whenever required.
- Inform and educate employees on matters that are associated with regulations and industry practices through internal policies
- Help the business understand the risks and opportunities in new and upcoming laws and regulations.
What you’ll need
- A strong legal background
- Experience working in the Finance industry
- Good knowledge of applicable MFB regulations and related compliances
- Experience liaising with external agencies and regulatory bodies
- Should be able to articulate queries well and provide satisfactory solutions to business while ensuring compliance with applicable regulations
- A proven record of success in a management level, preferably in the banking and finance industry.
- Experience building and managing teams and structures
- Multi-tasking, while being able to manage time and priorities
- Should have strong problem solving abilities in order to identify issues and remedy them as necessary
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Be highly motivated and results driven
- Highly organized
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive nature
- Medical cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Career development opportunities
Like what you see?
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” we’d love to hear from you; apply!