GetGround is developing the infrastructure for a global digital marketplace for assets enveloped in companies. Trillions of dollars of assets are tied in inefficient illiquid markets - think property, ships, factory machinery & infrastructure to name a few.
Enveloping an asset in a company unlocks liquidity by enabling the right legal basis for asset ownership, governance and exchange. However companies, one of humanity's greatest inventions, are stuck in the past. We are digitising and automating the company, through:
- Programmatic incorporation and administration
- e-wallet financial infrastructure
- Automated accounting incorporating machine learning techniques and
- A secondary market platform built for scale
To start, we're tackling UK private residential investment property, with £1.3 trillion of stock and £30-50 billion in transactions a year.
DevOps Engineer | Hammersmith, London
At GetGround, DevOps Engineers do everything a Backend Engineer does, and also sets up, supports and maintains CI/CD where required. We primarily use Golang, deployed on Google Cloud. We care about thoughtful, tested, documented code that delivers excellence to our customers.
The role comes with immense scope for growth and impact in a zero-ego, zero-BS environment. We’re building a team that works together, to solve the problems at hand.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a product with significant market fit as it scales exponentially. Beyond strong traditional technical skills, we’re huge fans of clean design thinking and architecting, as well as communication and an ability to learn and adapt.
In this role, you will develop:
- Technical rigour through collaborative, multi-disciplinary and thorough refinement processes. We want hackers and painters!
- A challenger mindset - to implement new ideas, tools and to improve processes
- Simple, clear and concise communication and documentation of technical ideas
What you will do
- Develop tooling for engineers to quickly build and deploy new services
- Support setup and maintenance of CI/CD for new and existing services
- Management and upkeep of observability stack
- Management and upkeep of cloud infrastructure on GCP
- Design and write clean documentation
- Improving our overall system engineering design and architecture, to ensure availability and reliability of our systems
- Provide training and support to internal teams
The experience you will have
- 2+ years professional experience as a DevOps engineer (or equivalent)
- 5+ years technical experience
- Solid familiarity with several programming languages such as (in order of desirability) Golang, ES6, Python, Java
- Solid understanding of CI/CD and deployment techniques and experience with any CI toolchain
- Experience with GCP, AWS or any other cloud provider (we use GCP)
- Containerisation, docker and kubernetes
- Database technologies like SQL, noSQL, key-value stores (e.g. mySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis...)
- Understanding of service observability and how to track meaningful metrics to ensure the health of deployed services
- Infrastructure automation via tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef is a plus
- Networking and security best practices on the cloud
- Systematic problem solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis
- Unit testing, integration testing, or similar testing frameworks
- Worked with cross functional teams in a dynamic environment
Hello, we are GetGround. We have been in stealth mode building amazing products to disrupt a marketplace. We are building a new global network for trading assets, starting with residential property. We have just secured Series A funding and are on a significant growth trajectory that has the confidence of QED, Mosaic as well as several prestigious private investors.
Our Co-Founder and CEO Moubin qualified as a Doctor and went on to have a successful career at McKinsey and private equity house, APAX. Moubin started GetGround with his brother and our CTO, Misrab. Misrab is a Stanford Computer Scientist that led the scaling of the Gojek Data Science team in Asia.
We are proud of how far we have come since 2018, but humbled and excited at what there is still to achieve. Our values sit at the core of everything we do - pursuit of excellence, feedback obsessed, No BS and healthy egos.
If you are great talent, but working somewhere where you don't feel recognised, developed, rewarded or included, your next home could be GetGround. Join us!
Please note, whilst we have flexible working, this role will be office based when we are able to return to the office.
Diversity & inclusion at GetGround
GetGround encourages applications from all sections of society and we believe in the criticality of an inclusive culture. We are focussed on and committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by law.
- Competitive salary + excellent stock options
- Competitive health, dental benefits
- Various discounts/benefits via Perks at Work
- Cooked lunch on Fridays from a local restaurant when we are in the office
- Health & dental benefits
- 20 days PTO + 1 day off per month as a mental health day
- Support for conferences and professional learning & development