GetGround is developing the infrastructure for a global digital marketplace for assets enveloped in companies. Trillions of dollars of assets are tied in inefficient illiquid markets - think property, ships, factory machinery & infrastructure to name a few.
Enveloping an asset in a company unlocks liquidity by enabling the right legal basis for asset ownership, governance and exchange. However companies, one of humanity's greatest inventions, are stuck in the past. We are digitising and automating the company, through:
- Programmatic incorporation and administration
- e-wallet financial infrastructure
- Automated accounting incorporating machine learning techniques and
- A secondary market platform built for scale
To start, we're tackling UK private residential investment property, with £1.3 trillion of stock and £30-50 billion in transactions a year.
Lead Frontend Engineer
You will join one of our collaborative cross functional teams based in our London office where you will work with product and design to create products that delight our users. This is an opportunity to join a well funded scale-up with a clear vision, purpose & mission.
Misrab, Our CTO and Co-Founder is a Stanford Computer Scientist and has deep experience building high performing teams. We have built a values driven culture where innovation and excellence in engineering is at the heart of everything we do.
Some of the things we feel passionately about:
- Technical rigour through collaborative, multi-disciplinary and thorough refinement processes. We want hackers and painters!
- Simple, clear and concise communication and documentation of technical ideas
- A challenger mindset - to implement new patterns and libraries including improving readability and efficiency
What you will do
- Provide technical stewardship for the frontend team - through coaching and mentoring Engineers as well as taking an active role in scaling GetGround
- Hands-on technically, proactive (e.g. with the libraries we use) and contribute to open source
- Build cross functional relationships to understand business problems, set technical priorities and articulate technical risks
- Constantly think about ways to improve engineering output and quality
- Reduce technical complexity
- Keep informed of industry trends and develop methods for implementing them
- Drive principles and practices to guide others in the design of software that is easily testable and observable
- Collaborate with backend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Take pride in building reusable code and libraries for future use, and demonstrate good documentation
The experience we would like you to have
- 5+ years' commercial experience in Frontend roles
- Expertise in React, Redux, TypeScript and testing (unit, integration, or similar testing frameworks)
- Broad expertise in the frontend ecosystem
- Evidence of leading technical workstreams
- Experience of coaching and mentoring Engineers
- Software engineering skillset, a passion for UI/UX and product design
- ES6, HTML5, CSS, and one statically typed language (e.g. C, Java, Golang)
- Modern web application deployment stack e.g. Babel, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp...
- Database technologies like SQL, noSQL, key-value stores (e.g. mySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis...
Hello, we are GetGround. We have been in stealth mode building amazing products to disrupt a marketplace. We are building a new global network for trading assets, starting with residential property. We have just secured Series A funding and are on a significant growth trajectory that has the confidence of QED, Mosaic as well as several prestigious private investors.
Our Co-Founder and CEO Moubin qualified as a Doctor and went on to have a successful career at McKinsey and private equity house, APAX. Moubin started GetGround with his brother and our CTO, Misrab. Misrab is a Stanford Computer Scientist that led the scaling of the Gojek Data Science team in Asia.
We are proud of how far we have come since 2018, but humbled and excited at what there is still to achieve. Our values sit at the core of everything we do - pursuit of excellence, feedback obsessed, No BS and healthy egos.
If you are great talent, but working somewhere where you don't feel recognised, developed, rewarded or included, your next home could be GetGround. Join us!
Please note, whilst we have flexible working, this role will be office based when we are able to return to the office.
Diversity & inclusion at GetGround
GetGround encourages applications from all sections of society and we believe in the criticality of an inclusive culture. We are focussed on and committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by law.
- Competitive salary + excellent stock options
- Competitive health, dental benefits
- Various discounts/benefits via Perks at Work
- Cooked lunch on Fridays from a local restaurant when we are in the office
- Health & dental benefits
- 20 days PTO + 1 day off per month as a mental health day
- Support for conferences and professional learning & development