GetGround is developing the infrastructure for a global digital marketplace for assets enveloped in companies. Trillions of dollars of assets are tied in inefficient illiquid markets - think property, ships, factory machinery & infrastructure to name a few.
Enveloping an asset in a company unlocks liquidity by enabling the right legal basis for asset ownership, governance and exchange. However companies, one of humanity's greatest inventions, are stuck in the past. We are digitising and automating the company, through:
- Programmatic incorporation and administration
- e-wallet financial infrastructure
- Automated accounting incorporating machine learning techniques and
- A secondary market platform built for scale
To start, we're tackling UK private residential investment property, with £1.3 trillion of stock and £30-50 billion in transactions a year.
Senior Frontend Engineer | Hammersmith, London
You will join one of our collaborative cross functional teams based in our London office where you will work with product and design to create delightful products. This is an opportunity to join a well funded scale-up with a clear vision, purpose & mission.
Misrab, Our CTO and Co-Founder, is a Stanford Computer Scientist and has deep experience building high performing teams and has built a values based culture where driving innovation and excellence in engineering is at the heart of everything we do. He founded the Data Science team at a SE Asia Tech unicorn prior to GetGround.
In this role, you will develop new skills:
- By working with world class technical and business leadership
- To build teams and ship features in a hyper-growth environment
- To constantly challenge a codebase and implement new patterns / libraries to improve readability and efficiency
What you will do
- Take part in decisions related to how we undertake new projects
- Gather requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team
- Own the user-facing web frontend codebase of the application, currently built in React with Redux
- Own the internal web frontend application (for company users, with more lenient UI/UX requirements
- Design and write clean documentation
- Work closely with other roles as a pivotal early member of the team
- Collaborate with backend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Provide training and support to internal teams. We believe in everybody learning from each other
- Take pride in building reusable code and libraries for future use
Essential experience we'd like you to have:
- Expertise in React and Redux
- Leadership of workstreams and/or junior engineers
- Software engineering skillset, and crucially a passion for UI/UX, and product design
- ES6, HTML5, CSS, and one statically typed language (e.g. C, Java, Go)
- Modern web application deployment stack e.g. Babel, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp...
- Database technologies like SQL, noSQL, key-value stores (e.g. mySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis...)
- Unit testing, integration testing, or similar testing frameworks
- A passion for good documentation
- Values driven and a desire to building large-scale technology that can change the world for better
Hello, we are GetGround. We have been in stealth mode building amazing products to disrupt a marketplace. We are building a new global network for trading assets, starting with residential property. We have just secured Series A funding and are on a significant growth trajectory that has the confidence of QED, Mosaic as well as several prestigious private investors.
Our Co-Founder and CEO Moubin qualified as a Doctor and went on to have a successful career at McKinsey and private equity house, APAX. Moubin started GetGround with his brother and our CTO, Misrab. Misrab is a Stanford Computer Scientist that led the scaling of the Gojek Data Science team in Asia.
We are proud of how far we have come since 2018, but humbled and excited at what there is still to achieve. Our values sit at the core of everything we do - pursuit of excellence, feedback obsessed, No BS and healthy egos.
If you are great talent, but working somewhere where you don't feel recognised, developed, rewarded or included, your next home could be GetGround. Join us!
Please note, whilst we have flexible working, this role will be office based when we are able to return to the office.
Diversity & inclusion at GetGround
GetGround encourages applications from all sections of society and we believe in the criticality of an inclusive culture. We are focussed on and committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by law.
- Competitive salary + excellent stock options
- Competitive health, dental benefits
- Various discounts/benefits via Perks at Work
- Cooked lunch on Fridays from a local restaurant when we are in the office
- Health & dental benefits
- 20 days PTO + 1 day off per month as a mental health day
- Support for conferences and professional learning & development