GetGround is developing the infrastructure for a global digital marketplace for assets enveloped in companies. Trillions of dollars of assets are tied in inefficient illiquid markets - think property, ships, factory machinery & infrastructure to name a few.
Enveloping an asset in a company unlocks liquidity by enabling the right legal basis for asset ownership, governance and exchange. However companies, one of humanity's greatest inventions, are stuck in the past. We are digitising and automating the company, through:
- Programmatic incorporation and administration
- e-wallet financial infrastructure
- Automated accounting incorporating machine learning techniques and
- A secondary market platform built for scale
To start, we're tackling UK private residential investment property, with £1.3 trillion of stock and £30-50 billion in transactions a year.
Senior Backend Engineer | Hammersmith, London
A Senior Backend Engineer at GetGround works on projects such as financial infrastructure, robust systems for high value transactions and company management. We primarily use Golang, deployed on Google Cloud. We care about thoughtful, tested, documented code that delivers excellence to our customers.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a product with significant market fit as it scales exponentially. Beyond strong traditional technical skills, we’re huge fans of clean design thinking and architecting, as well as communication and an ability to learn and adapt.
The role comes with immense scope for growth and impact in a zero-ego, zero-BS environment. We’re building a team that works together to solve hard problems that will enable us to achieve our mission to make assets more transparent, trustworthy and accessible.
In this role, you will develop new skills:
- By working with world class technical and business leadership
- To build teams and ship features in a hyper-growth environment
- To constantly challenge a codebase and implement new patterns / libraries to improve readability and efficiency
What you will do
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, from architecting to development, testing,
- Design and build resilient and efficient systems with clean code and good documentation
- Work closely with Product to design functionality
- Collaborate with frontend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side
- Promote best practices across the team and the engineering organization
- Give guidance to more junior developers
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Provide training and support to internal teams. We believe in everybody learning from
The experience you will have
- 5 + years experience of software engineering experience
- Solid familiarity with several programming languages such as (in order of desirability) Golang, C++, Rust, ES6, Python, Java
- A passion for good design and architecture, including in the context of large-scale web applications
- Curiosity and the ability to learn what’s required to get the job done
- Systematic problem solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, or similar testing frameworks
- A passion for good documentation
- Experience with database technologies like SQL, noSQL, key-value stores (e.g. mySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis…)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud or AWS. Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Good communication skills, team player and comfortable working with cross functional teams
- A desire to build large-scale technology that can change the world for the better
Hello, we are GetGround. We have been in stealth mode building amazing products to disrupt a marketplace. We are building a new global network for trading assets, starting with residential property. We have just secured Series A funding and are on a significant growth trajectory that has the confidence of QED, Mosaic as well as several prestigious private investors.
Our Co-Founder and CEO Moubin qualified as a Doctor and went on to have a successful career at McKinsey and private equity house, APAX. Moubin started GetGround with his brother and our CTO, Misrab. Misrab is a Stanford Computer Scientist that led the scaling of the Gojek Data Science team in Asia.
We are proud of how far we have come since 2018, but humbled and excited at what there is still to achieve. Our values sit at the core of everything we do - pursuit of excellence, feedback obsessed, No BS and healthy egos.
If you are great talent, but working somewhere where you don't feel recognised, developed, rewarded or included, your next home could be GetGround. Join us!
Please note, whilst we have flexible working, this role will be office based when we are able to return to the office.
Diversity & inclusion at GetGround
GetGround encourages applications from all sections of society and we believe in the criticality of an inclusive culture. We are focussed on and committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by law.
- Competitive salary + excellent stock options
- Competitive health, dental benefits
- Various discounts/benefits via Perks at Work
- Cooked lunch on Fridays from a local restaurant when we are in the office
- Health & dental benefits
- 20 days PTO + 1 day off per month as a mental health day
- Support for conferences and professional learning & development