GetGround is developing the infrastructure for a global digital marketplace for assets enveloped in companies. Trillions of dollars of assets are tied in inefficient illiquid markets - think property, ships, factory machinery & infrastructure to name a few.
Enveloping an asset in a company unlocks liquidity by enabling the right legal basis for asset ownership, governance and exchange. However companies, one of humanity's greatest inventions, are stuck in the past. We are digitising and automating the company, through:
- Programmatic incorporation and administration
- e-wallet financial infrastructure
- Automated accounting incorporating machine learning techniques and
- A secondary market platform built for scale
To start, we're tackling UK private residential investment property, with £1.3 trillion of stock and £30-50 billion in transactions a year.
Group Financial Controller | Hammersmith, London
We are looking for a Group Financial Controller to join the GetGround mission. Acting as a key advisor to our Co-Founders you will help prepare our organisation for scale and growth. You will help build a world class Finance team that embraces our open, collaborative and inclusive working environment, enjoys change and thrives in an environment where you continuously learn.
What we would like you to do
Ensuring GetGround builds a world class accounting and reporting function and taking responsibility for an effective and highly automated financial control environment across our organisation
- Taking responsibility for preparing our annual report and accounts, monthly consolidated financial statements and more general reporting. This will include developing robust approaches to key accounting judgements and estimates as well as developing financial control framework
- Identifying and proactively resolving key accounting issues and identifying opportunities for GetGround, including continuous review of our accounting policies and their implementation
- Designing, building and implementing world class financial systems to support and automate our reporting
- Ensure robust technology driven linkages between our systems of record and our forecasting, facilitating real time automated updating of our forecasts
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Instilling a culture of continuous improvement throughout the Finance team and associated functions, including designing the team to scale effectively
- As we scale GetGround, able to hire, engage and grow the best talent
The experience we would like you to have
- ACA/ACCA or CIMA Qualified (or equivalent)
- Solid experience at Financial Controller level, including people management, core technical accounting and commercially focused budget management
- Experience in establishing new processes and procedures in very short timeframes and clear track record of simplifying existing processes
- Experience with multiple financial accounting systems and rapid iteration/agile working would also be highly desirable
- Excellent planning, organisation and time-management skills, as well as ability to multitask and lead several projects in a dynamic start-up environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills across a range of functional areas
- Excellent coaching skills with the ability to provide empathy and guidance to a variety of stakeholders
- You’re curious, enthusiastic, adaptable, hands-on and excited by a rapidly-changing environment
Hello, we are GetGround. We have been in stealth mode building amazing products to disrupt a marketplace. We are building a new global network for trading assets, starting with residential property. We have just secured Series A funding and are on a significant growth trajectory that has the confidence of QED, Mosaic as well as several prestigious private investors.
Our Co-Founder and CEO Moubin qualified as a Doctor and went on to have a successful career at McKinsey and private equity house, APAX. Moubin started GetGround with his brother and our CTO, Misrab. Misrab is a Stanford Computer Scientist that led the scaling of the Gojek Data Science team in Asia.
We are proud of how far we have come since 2018, but humbled and excited at what there is still to achieve. Our values sit at the core of everything we do - pursuit of excellence, feedback obsessed, No BS and healthy egos.
If you are great talent, but working somewhere where you don't feel recognised, developed, rewarded or included, your next home could be GetGround. Join us!
Please note, whilst we have flexible working, this role will be office based when we are able to return to the office.
Diversity & inclusion at GetGround
GetGround encourages applications from all sections of society and we believe in the criticality of an inclusive culture. We are focussed on and committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by law.
- Competitive salary + excellent stock options
- Competitive health, dental benefits
- Various discounts/benefits via Perks at Work
- Cooked lunch on Fridays from a local restaurant when we are in the office
- Health & dental benefits
- 20 days PTO + 1 day off per month as a mental health day
- Support for conferences and professional learning & development