Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
The Accountant I will play a vital role in supporting the Built organization during a period of rapid growth. You will carry out the day-to-day accounting for Revenue & Client billing for our various product lines (Lender, Owner, Contractor, Marketplace, etc.). You will identify opportunities for efficiencies, earn trust through the accuracy of your financial results, and be focused on the customer billing experience. This role will be critical in ensuring alignment throughout Built on the best practices for success in a billings-as-a-product mindset. We are changing the way the world gets built, and we’re looking for you to help get us there!
This is role is based in Nashville and is a hybrid role with flexibility for both in person and remote work.
In this role, you will:
- Handle end to end billing processes for Built’s key product lines and recommend improvements to the Accounting Manager
- Build relationships with key stakeholders throughout Built to onboard, manage, and support client billing needs
- Own month-end accounting procedures, ensure timely and accurate financials and help drive monthly performance reporting with Built Finance
- Manage billing requirements in accordance with US GAAP
- Influence partners in product design & implementation of data requirements to ensure Accounting accuracy and client satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 0 - 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel Skills a must
- Attention to detail with the ability to think critically is a must
- Possess self discipline to meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions and influence stakeholders
- Understanding of US GAAP principles
- Salesforce and NetSuite experience a plus
- Experience working in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environment is a plus
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
If you would like to contact Controller to ask questions surrounding processing of your personal data or to make a request, you can send an email to email@example.com.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.