About Geocaching HQ
We are the global headquarters for the game of geocaching. Our apps and Geocaching.com website enable a community of more than 3 million active geocachers to join in a real-world treasure hunt.
Our mission (and yours should you choose to accept it) is to inspire and enable adventure, exploration, and community. Basically, everyone’s job here is to enable millions of people to have fun outside. How cool is that?
What you’ll do:
As a contributing member of our developer team, you will:
- Develop highly scalable and maintainable services and UI components
- Write code that is fully supportive of modern unit and integration test patterns
- Solve complex technical problems in a collaborative environment, providing guidance to others as appropriate
- Follow an agile software development methodology using Kanban or Scrum
- Adhere to the architectural design and patterns established by the team
- Understand how implementation decisions impact IT and performance on our infrastructure
- Interact with key stakeholders at all levels
- Proactively propose new technologies and/or practices
- 3-5 years of experience as a hands-on developer using recent Microsoft technologies such as C#, SQL and the .NET framework
- Proficient with ASP.NET, MVC, REST, WCF, Web API and scalable service oriented architectures
- Experience and commitment to writing clean and testable code
- A solid understanding and dedication to quality approaches such as pairing, unit testing, and continuous delivery.
- Experience in Agile environments using XP, Kanban or Scrum methodologies
- Willingness to adapt quickly to new and changing technical environments
- Passionate about sharing your knowledge and talents with the team
- Have an understanding of and capability to write jQuery, HTML and CSS
- Experience with the latest cloud technologies is a plus
- Bonus: F# experience
- Bachelor’s degree (MIS or Computer Science emphasis) preferred
- Lead by example and exemplify our values-- effectiveness, authenticity, and passion-- in actions and behaviors
- Superb communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations
- Desire to learn and a “quick study” with new concepts, systems and technologies
- Self-directed and open to coaching/feedback
- Use independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary for long periods of time.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
Geocaching HQ embraces a diverse and inclusive workplace. Authenticity is one of our company core values and we strive to celebrate our differences. We encourage everyone to apply.
Some of our current benefits & perks!
- Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, FSA (health and dependent care), and life & disability insurance.
- 401k retirement plan: traditional and/or ROTH, plus employer match and immediate vesting.
- Healthy work/life balance: generous PTO and holidays, regular wellness & social events, unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program, regular team lunches, and more.
- Free Geocaching Premium Membership to cache to your heart's content!
- Sabbatical every 7 years.
- Free lift tickets or reimbursement towards recreational activities.
- On-site gear closet so you can enjoy the great outdoors.
- ORCA cards and commuter benefits.
- Professional development budget tailored to your learning & growth -- not in the cookie-cutter "one size fits all" approach.
- Employer donation matching program.