Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.
The UI Developer will help build engaging digital experiences for a wide range of clients. They will test, modify, and implement application code, make standard modifications to existing software applications as well as new applications in accordance with detailed specifications. The Developer will work with the tech lead/architect on technical deliverables and will need to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and work to ensure timely deliverables with high quality. They will proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements. The ideal candidate is passionate for development and happy in a highly team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers and across teams is common.
- Develops workflows, processes, modules and themes for assigned projects
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and may work with tech lead/architect on more complex projects
- Develops and maintains web sites and web applications in a secure and accessible manner
- Writes, tests and debugs code. Prepares, designs, prototypes and delivers development tasks on time and on budget
- Continue to grow technical capabilities via trainings and learnings from project work
- Serve as the day-to-day contact on assigned projects and communicates project tasks status as needed to internal teams and external client groups as needed
- Participates in code reviews and may review code of junior developers
- Communicates with internal teams and provides updates and status reports on technical timelines, requirements, etc.
- Participate in internal status meetings, external client meetings and daily stand-ups
- Participate in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation
- May mentor and coach junior team members and/or interns
- May be required to visit clients on site
Qualifications & Skills
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of development experience required
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA is required
- Experience with Gulp, SCSS, Twig, Webpack and React or similar is required
- Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to embrace ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities is necessary
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor as well as an individual in a team environment
- Must be able to periodically work outside normal business hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends) to support critical systems
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.