Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.
The Associate Director, UX translates user needs and business requirements into innovative digital solutions for a wide range of clients. This position will be focused on demonstrating strong knowledge of interactive best practices, including design, usability, information architecture and technology standards to all initiatives including websites, desktop and mobile applications, and experiential activations. The Associate Director, UX reports into the SVP, UX and manages a small team of UX Designers. This position works closely with our strategy, design and development teams to implement world-class interactive user experiences across web platforms.
From a skills perspective, the ideal candidate possesses a mastery of UX methodology tools, across research, ideation and prototyping, interaction design, visual design and usability testing. They have excellent communication skills, are approachable, eager to roll up their sleeves and work in a vibrant, fast-paced, team-oriented, agile environment.
- Leads the UX strategy and execution for multi-tiered and heavily integrated digital solutions.
- Drive business discovery sessions/workshops that get to the heart of our clients, their businesses, their target audiences, and their content needs.
- Promote a design thinking process including primary and secondary customer research and translating these insights into actionable recommendations and cost-conscious solutions.
- Leads research initiatives through planning and recommended methodologies including content & accessibility audits, heuristic evaluations, contextual interviews, persona definition, journey mapping, card sorting, tree testing, and usability studies.
- Create and drive Information architecture deliverables for clients including user flows, process flows, sitemaps, wireframes.
- Create clickable prototypes that translates content strategy and functional requirements, including responsive design considerations for desktop and mobile.
- Inform business requirements and own the creation of taxonomy and functional requirements.
- Annotate and explain how components function simultaneously, transferring knowledge to designers and developers.
- Lead UX involvement in new business pitches, including brainstorms, presentations, and estimation.
- Help to grow existing accounts through strategic recommendations, participating in the bigger picture thinking.
- Promotes a team environment which include subject matter experts from strategy, design, development, account.
- Comfortable presenting to large groups, including educating clients on UX best practices and methodology.
- Coaches others to improve relationships and develop a shared language with cross-functional peers.
- Assists in UX resource planning including freelance support management
- Guides and supervises the work of junior level staff, providing on the job training and providing feedback on work and performance.
- Manage junior or mid-level staff or freelancers, including; hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the development of a diverse, equitable, inclusive and innovative work environment that promotes creativity and innovation.
- Leads team events, expanding our culture.
- 8+ years of experience as a UX designer required
- 2 years of supervisory experience of UX designers required
- Solid execution of UX best practices and awareness of research resources
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Solid understanding of web technologies, CMS & DXP platforms and trends, and component design and templates
- Expert with Axure as prototyping tool
- Familiarity with Screaming Frog, UserTesting.com, Airtable, Miro, and Gather Content preferred
- Strong organization and task management skills, and considers themselves extremely detail-oriented
- Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced environment
- Previous agency experience strongly preferred
- Familiar with Accessibility WCAG guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Degree in HCI or Human Factors a plus or equivalent certifications preferred
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.