GP Energy Management, a Genscape, Inc. company, provides a suite of risk management and transaction advisory services for electricity and natural gas retailers and generators. These services include outsourced trading, demand forecasting, portfolio management and optimization, settlement tracking, fuel and REC procurement, licensing support and compliance reporting. For more information: www.gpenergymanagement.com
The Business Operations Associate takes a lead role on executing day-to-day needs of GP Energy Management’s office while providing executive assistance and handling various strategic initiatives. This individual will not only manage the daily activities of the office but will also play a key role in managing facilities, assisting with HR administration, as well as travel coordination for all team leads.
We look for individuals who are driven, organized, professional, intellectually curious and passionate. GP Energy Management has an unwavering focus on their people and ensures employees have excellent opportunity to learn, grow and expand their careers within the business.
A Day in the Life of an Business Operations Associate:
- Daily management and leadership of NYC facility needs (and beyond as needed) including reception duties, office supplies, mail handling, shipments, various suppliers including landlords, virtual offices, maintenance providers, services providers, etc.
- Provide support and leadership to HR administration activities such as new hire onboarding, assistance with benefit paperwork, and IT set up.
- Coordinating all travel plans and logistics for client meetings and speaking engagements for the MD and all Directors, and any outside visitors/contractors.
- Preparation of physical RFP materials for submission
- General office record maintenance including meeting notes, scanning, filing and organization.
- Calendar and expense management related to the corporate card as well as miscellaneous leadership expense support.
- Helping to foster and maintain a strong office culture in line with GP’s vision through office events, charities, etc.
- Thinking strategically about cost effectiveness in the office.
- Providing additional support to team leads on various ad hoc requests.
Over time, a successful candidate will:
- Assist with contract administration and document preparation duties.
- Assist with various regulatory task administration duties.
- Begin to manage and assist Marketing with various corporate website content and publication initiatives.
- Is an energetic individual with a proactive customer-service attitude
- Has past experience in a similar role with a passion for process improvement and running the activities of a growing office.
- Can work with cross functional teams in a culturally diverse environment.
- Is highly motivated, organized and with a high attention to detail
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to apply practical solutions to non-routine problems
- Collaborates with colleagues across functional departments
- Has a strong foundation in standard business software applications such as MS Office, Excel, etc.