Genscape Energy Management (“GEM”) is seeking a talented and driven analyst with a strong interest in the gas, power, and renewables markets looking to develop their career in the energy industry.
You should view this as an opportunity to become a subject matter expert, and build your knowledge and experience for a career in the energy industry, portfolio management, and commodity trading. This role will encompass some client interaction and will help answer specific questions on content and analytical methods related to the GEM products and services.
Genscape Energy Management is one of the country's premier energy risk management and outsourced trading companies, and if you're interested in joining a growing, fast paced team of Analysts and Portfolio Managers, we'd like to talk to you…
A Day in the life of an analyst in energy commodities at Genscape Energy Management will include the following:
- Researching information related to the gas and power industry.
- Learn and apply knowledge of wholesale and retail energy market conditions to trade and schedule natural gas for GEM clients.
- Track and summarize portfolio management actions taken to produce accurate monthly cost reporting for GEM clients.
- Reconcile invoices from grid operators, utilities, pipelines and counterparts while continuously improving the precision of cost reporting provided to the team and clients.
- Improve current processes by automating critical tasks using technology (visual basic, python, etc) or coordinating with the GEM engineering team to develop new applications to improve workflow.
- Providing general support for Portfolio Managers and clients in their daily process.
Over your first 30 days in this position, you know you’re successful if you:
- Have gained a strong fundamental understanding of the workflow associated with transacting in the energy markets.
- Have established yourself as a key resource for market updates in various energy markets.
- Have taken ownership over a number of analytical reports and processes.
- Are able to assist with quality assurance analyses.
To land this position:
- You should have a Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, business, engineering, computer science, or related work experience.
- You should be highly dependable, team oriented, and pride yourself on a strong work ethic.
- You must be highly quantitative with the ability to do thorough analysis on the go.
- You will need to be fully proficient in MS Excel (formula relationships, pivot tables, macros, etc.).
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You should be organized and comfortable multi-tasking in a time-sensitive, high-pressure environment.
- You must have analytical, qualitative and logical problem solving skills.
- You consider yourself to be a unique problem solver with a ‘why not’ attitude.
- It would be great if you have experience with any programming language, personally or professionally.
This job might be for you if:
- You are obsessed with detail and data quality.
- You have an interest in research and market analysis.
- You are an excellent communicator, both with clients and with your team.
- Also, if you are comfortable handling a fluid and demanding work environment, which often coincides with a startup environment, then this will be a great position for you.
- As a team, we value creativity and a strong work ethic. You must have the ability to work well in a team, as well as autonomously.
Once you land this position, you’ll enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and annual bonus potential
- An awesome office location
- A company that offers a strong focus on work life balance
- Plenty of paid time off
- 401k and a full benefits package that begins on your first day
- The ability to customize your own career path