THE SOURCE OF TRUTH AND INSIGHT FOR GLOBAL ENERGY MARKETS
Genscape is the source of truth and insight for global energy markets and a pioneer in technological innovation. We’ve nurtured and embraced an entrepreneurial spirit and progressive culture for 20 years after our founders sought to change energy data availability and expanded high-quality data access to more market participants than ever before. With the first ever power monitoring sensor capable of measuring real-time flow on power lines, Genscape changed the way the world sees and reacts to energy markets.
Today we are the leader in real-time data delivery and market intelligence. We were on the forefront of some of the most important technology changes in the past few decades, including Internet of Things, Big Data, and Machine Learning, long before it was in vogue.
We operate the world’s largest private network of in-field monitors and distribute industry-leading alternative data, delivering unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum including power, oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight. Our spirit and culture continue to be the hallmark of what makes working at Genscape great.
Genscape is seeking an experienced Sales Director to sell and help grow our Maritime product suite to commercial marine firms, marine services and logistics firms, energy companies, hedge funds, and proprietary trading firms in both North and South America. This position will encompass new business development, territory growth, and strategic communication to select high-value customers. This role will be part of a growing global Maritime sales and product team and will support and work closely with various subject matter experts in the Maritime vertical. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual looking to help develop and grow our maritime product line.
Your Day to Day:
- Manage Genscape’s 4-stage sales process (prospecting, qualification, trial, negotiation) efficiently and fully document interactions using Salesforce.com.
- Learn full scope of Genscape’s range of products and services.
- Work closely with energy sales teams to address clients’ maritime exposure
- Achieve revenue and margin targets by driving sales of existing and new services to current and new customers.
- Serve as the advocate of the customer and provide input and feedback to Genscape’s product development teams.
- Ensure high levels of post-sales customer satisfaction and retention.
- Provide input and support for Genscape marketing initiatives including events, product launches, e-mail marketing and partner marketing activities.
What we are seeking:
- At least 5 years of direct B-to-B experience selling high-value services in the maritime space to commercial marine firms, marine services and logistics firms.
- Experience in selling Maritime market data, analytics, or other similar product lines.
- Experience in presenting to senior managers at prospect companies and executing big ticket sales is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Consistent record of success in exceeding sales targets while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and integrity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce.com (or comparable CRM application).
- Well versed in social media - LinkedIn and other social platforms.
- Ability to travel up to 40% - primarily within the US.
- Fluency in Spanish language a plus.