THE SOURCE OF TRUTH AND INSIGHT FOR GLOBAL ENERGY MARKETS
Genscape is the source of truth and insight for global energy markets and a pioneer in technological innovation. We’ve nurtured and embraced an entrepreneurial spirit and progressive culture for 20 years after our founders sought to change energy data availability and expanded high-quality data access to more market participants than ever before. With the first ever power monitoring sensor capable of measuring real-time flow on power lines, Genscape changed the way the world sees and reacts to energy markets.
Today we are the leader in real-time data delivery and market intelligence. We were on the forefront of some of the most important technology changes in the past few decades, including Internet of Things, Big Data, and Machine Learning, long before it was in vogue.
We operate the world’s largest private network of in-field monitors and distribute industry-leading alternative data, delivering unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum including power, oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight. Our spirit and culture continue to be the hallmark of what makes working at Genscape great.
Our Data Engineering team is looking for multiple individuals, from leadership to early career, with deep expertise in cloud data technologies and automation. You will be developing data acquisition, data cataloging and deliver systems where speed of deliver of data is of crucial importance You will work in a highly collaborative, global environment of data scientists, data analyst, domain experts and business leaders to deliver data products that have impact on global energy trading markets. Experienced candidates will have the opportunity to lead other Data Engineers across a range of projects.
- Design, develop, and implement data infrastructure and pipelines that collect, connect, centralize, and curate data from various internal and external data sources.
- Create automation systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our data infrastructure and our data pipelines.
- Evaluate new technologies for continuous improvements in Data Engineering.
- Collaborate closely with the product/applications teams to build out new data products.
- Work with data scientists and data analysts to implement descriptive, forecasting and predictive algorithms and models using the latest technologies.
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset, openness, transparency, and collegiality to your everyday work.
- BS in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strong coding skills in one or more modern programming languages, Python preferred, but Java or C# are acceptable.
- 2+ years of experience with data engineering or similar experience,
- Experience with developing backend subsystems of large web applications or complex ETL processing systems.
- Fluency with SQL and Relational Databases, like PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.
- DevOps mindset, experience with continuous integration and automation tools and processes, like TeamCity/Jenkins/Bamboo.
- A strong desire to build meaningful solutions for a life sciences business.
- Task oriented with ability and experience of completing deliverables on schedule
- Ability to work closely with a team of technical and non-technical individual contributors, in multiple geographic locations.
- Experience with Apache Spark, Apache Beam or related distributed processing frameworks.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS cloud services.
- Experience with Apache Airflow or related workflow scheduling products.
- Experience with developing microservices with Docker and Kubernetes to serve machine learning models.