THE SOURCE OF TRUTH AND INSIGHT FOR GLOBAL ENERGY MARKETS
Genscape is the source of truth and insight for global energy markets and a pioneer in technological innovation. We’ve nurtured and embraced an entrepreneurial spirit and progressive culture for 20 years after our founders sought to change energy data availability and expanded high-quality data access to more market participants than ever before. With the first ever power monitoring sensor capable of measuring real-time flow on power lines, Genscape changed the way the world sees and reacts to energy markets.
Today we are the leader in real-time data delivery and market intelligence. We were on the forefront of some of the most important technology changes in the past few decades, including Internet of Things, Big Data, and Machine Learning, long before it was in vogue.
We operate the world’s largest private network of in-field monitors and distribute industry-leading alternative data, delivering unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum including power, oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight. Our spirit and culture continue to be the hallmark of what makes working at Genscape great.
Genscape is seeking an experienced Sales Director within its Power Business, who will report to the VP of Sales. This position will focus on new business development in defined geographies. The successful candidate will work closely with Genscape's various internal subject matter experts and analysts.
A Day in the life of the Sales Director will include:
- Responsible for all aspects of the sales process which include prospecting, qualification, trial, and final negotiations. All aspects of the sales process must be handled efficiently and fully documented in Salesforce.
- Generate revenue by prospecting and selling Genscape’s Power Services to new accounts.
- Gain a thorough understanding of ALL Genscape products and services which include Oil, Natural Gas, and Power in order to identify potential sales opportunities for other Genscape sales verticals
- Serve as the advocate of the customer and provide input and feedback to Genscape’s operations and development teams
- Ensure high levels of post-sales customer satisfaction and handover to account management
- Provide input and feedback to Genscape’s operations and development teams
- At least 5 years of direct B-to-B experience selling high-value data/analysis into the energy market.
- Must have experience with selling to energy traders, analysts, risk managers, or other closely related energy market data recipients at Utilities, Generators, Retailers, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks.
- Proven track record of opening new accounts and driving new business
- Experience in building valuable relationships to senior managers as well as presenting to them and executing big ticket sales is essential
- Ability to think strategically about our business, customers, and growth priorities
- You are an independent thinker; inquisitive; creative in finding alternative solutions and you take a consultative approach with customers
- Consistent record of success in exceeding sales targets while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce (or comparable CRM application)
- Ability to travel up to 50%.