Our Company: Genscape, a DMGT company, is a leading global provider of energy information for commodity and financial markets.
Utilizing patented technologies and proprietary algorithms, Genscape provides accurate & timely data on capacities, flow and utilization for all major energy commodities. The product offerings include real-time information services for power, natural gas and oil in North America and Europe as well as fundamentals-based market intelligence services which market participants rely upon to better understand drivers, risks and dynamics of regional power and gas markets.
Genscape is committed to enhancing the market activities of our clients through access to superior fundamental data and market intelligence.
For additional information about our Company visit our careers page at genscape.com/careers
Our Team: Our teams of employees at Genscape are highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment.
Our employees are highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment.
We enjoy working with developers who love to innovate and are remarkably passionate about software development in all layers of the stack. Passion for software, drive toward excellence of solution and outstanding team collaboration where ideas can be bounced around for feedback are all aspects of culture we embrace.
We look for individuals who are driven, intellectually curious and passionate. Genscape has an unwavering focus on their people and ensures employees have excellent opportunity to learn, grow and expand their careers within the business.
A Day in the Life of a Front End Developer within our EPSI Team:
The key objective of this role is to enable the continued expansion of the EPSI platform business taking a leading role in enhancing, refactoring and extending the platform front-end. In particular a significant focus will be on the dashboard system for visualization of market data and scenario results.
- Design, development and alignment of new and existing front-end components.
- Working with the team to get the best result in terms of both UI experience and software quality.
- Design of server-side data interfaces required.
This job might be for you if:
- You are an independent thinker, inquisitive and creative in finding alternative solutions.
- You enjoy understanding, designing and implementing correct and elegant software.
- You are able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with dynamic priorities & limited specifications. You will be expected to develop an in-depth knowledge of the EPSI platform and to leverage that knowledge in conjunction with your communication skills to make quick decisions throughout the development process.
- You must be able to work collaboratively & communicate effectively with developers, QA analysts, customer service representatives and management.
- You are fluent in English, additional language skills are a big plus
Must have’s related to our ideal candidate:
- An academic degree (or equivalent level education) in either Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, or an exact science
- 3+ years’ experience in front-end software development, working with modern front end technologies like React/Redux, Sass/Less
- A passion for UI & UX
- Strong capability in iterative development
- Development practices: Test-driven development, Speed optimisation, Refactoring
- Basic familiarity (or willingness to gain it) with our server-side tools: Modern Perl, MySQL
- A mathematics/optimisation background would be a plus
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where employees are viewed as the company’s greatest asset and critical to our success
- Being part of a team of extremely talented analysts, engineers, technologists and more
- A company that offers a strong focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact where you work
- Excellent benefits and numerous perks