Our employees are highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment.
We enjoy working with developers who love to innovate and are remarkably passionate about software development in all layers of the stack. Passion for software, drive toward excellence of solution and outstanding team collaboration where ideas can be bounced around for feedback are all aspects of culture we embrace.
We look for individuals who are driven, intellectually curious and passionate. Genscape has an unwavering focus on their people and ensures employees have excellent opportunity to learn, grow and expand their careers within the business.
A Day in the Life of a Developer within our EPSI Team:
The key objective of this role is to enable the continued expansion of the EPSI platform business by building product features and improving the technological basis of the Perl-based software infrastructure.
- Expansion of the analytical feature-set in accordance with business objectives.
- Prepare move to cloud and re-work platform architecture to accommodate growth in user numbers and platform data.
- Speed-optimisation of scenario execution and data manipulation to ensure market-leading performance.
- Expanding and re-working the ingestion and processing of external data feeds to meet quality, flexibility, and speed criteria.
This job might be for you if:
- You are an independent thinker; inquisitive; creative in finding alternative solutions.
- You enjoy understanding, designing and implementing correct and elegant software.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities & limited specifications. You will be expected to develop an in-depth knowledge of the EPSI platform and to leverage that knowledge in conjunction with your communication skills to make decisions throughout the development process.
- Must be able to work collaboratively & communicate effectively with developers, QA analysts, customer service representatives and management.
- You are fluent in English, additional language skills are a big plus
Must have’s related to our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience in a (modern) Perl software development role
- Experience with (a.o.): PDL, XS, Plack, Moo
- Development practices: Test-driven development, Speed optimisation, Refactoring
- Database architecture, MySQL
- A mathematics/optimisation background is a plus
- Unix experience
- An academic degree (or equivalent level education) in either Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, or an exact science
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where employees are viewed as the company’s greatest asset and critical to our success
- Being part of a team of extremely talented analysts, engineers, technologists and more
- A company that offers a strong focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact where you work
- Excellent benefits and numerous perks