Genomenon is an AI-driven genomics company. Our mission is to save and improve lives by making genomic information actionable. We organize the world’s genomic knowledge and put it at the fingertips of clinicians to help diagnose and treat patients suffering from rare diseases and cancer, and to help precision medicine companies create targeted therapies for diseases.
- Always Learning: We approach challenges with curiosity and a growth mindset
- Data-Driven: We ask a lot of questions and look to the evidence for answers
- Humbly Confident: We are aware of the value that we and others bring to the team
- Trailblazers: We imagine what can be, not what is. Then we make it happen
- True Grit: We embody passion and persistence, and aren’t afraid of hard work
About the Job
We are looking for a Scientific Program Manager who will report directly to our Director of Genomic Curation to manage curation projects and customer engagements. These projects include but are not limited to the development of comprehensive, annotated databases of genetic variants for a particular disease/gene, and the development of patient-focused databases with detailed genotype and phenotype information.
The job will be dynamic with work duties that will evolve over time as the company grows.
- Leadership and ownership of project management across all of our scientific initiatives from project initiation to project close
- Working closely with our leadership and curation team to establish and track timelines, project plans and resource plans for current and future projects
- Create and maintain project management dashboards for use across the organization
- Oversee project management for customer engagements to ensure successful project deliveries
- Participating in curation team meetings to identify and track resource usage
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and increased efficiency on projects
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the company, including leadership team and engineering team.
- Advancing our organizational goals by visualizing the "big picture" of all scientific efforts and providing strategic insight to key decision makers
- Understanding the interrelationship of multiple projects and recognizing dependency on other projects and stakeholders company-wide
Required skills and background:
- 3+ years of Scientific Program / Project Management experience
- BS or BA required
- Professional experience in Smartsheet or similar project management software
- Strong aptitude with project management practices, tools, and methodology and experience with planning and tracking project schedules.
- Strong written communication and time management skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities, working independently and with other team members.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an overall execution orientation and high attention to detail.
- Proven experience overseeing the day-to-day activities of staff in a complex, fast-changing environment.
- We look for these values in new team members, we foster them in ourselves, and we take responsibility for them.
- Experience with clinical frameworks including ACMG and AMP guidelines preferred but not required
- A general understanding of clinical genomics and genetics and scientific domain expertise preferred but not required
Perks and Benefits
Genomenon provides a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, excellent health insurance and benefits package, stock options, a generous vacation/holiday policy, and a great work environment.
Genomenon is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.