A bit about us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
To support the Head of Commercial Operations, maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of the commercial organisation, i.e., the ability of the commercial organisation to achieve the highest possible results in a scalable, predictable and sustainable way. The Commercial Systems Manager is accountable for ensuring that the methodologies, tools and insight required by sales reps and sales managers to perform their job are fit for purpose, and for ensuring governance in best practice adoption. The first year of this role will be heavily focused on getting Salesforce to a place where all the group are able to use Salesforce.
- CRM system – Salesforce.com
- Sales and sales management methodologies
- Sales governance
Design, roll-out and best practice management of customer relationship management (CRM) systems – Salesforce.com:
- Works with the IT organisation to design and roll-out a Salesforce automation system that enables the effective and efficient execution of the core sales processes.
- Works with the IT organisation to help set up new companies in the group onto one group Salesforce system.
- Works with the IT and Commercial organisation to design and roll-out a customer relationship management system that enables cross-functional collaboration in the execution of the GTM strategy and delivery of customer experience.
- Works with the IT organisation to make sure CRM functionalities are properly integrated to drive sales, finance and marketing efficacy.
- Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
- Works with internal / external auditors, sales and finance to ensure our CRM and sales and financial data is SOX and regulatory compliant on a regular basis
Design, roll-out and best practice management of sales and sales management methodologies:
- Proactively identifies opportunities for the improvement of sales and sales management methodologies.
- Works closely with sales management to inspect core sales processes quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Assists sales management in understanding processes bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization.
- Fosters a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
Design, roll-out and best practice management of sales governance:
Performance measurement system
- Defines a balanced scorecard for the sales organisation in alignment with the sales GTM strategy
- Defines key performance indicators (KPI’s) to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales organisation, ensuring the right balance between leading and lagging indicators of performance, as well as performance goals and mastery goals.
- Defines standards of performance as guidelines for best practice and performance expectations.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization and provides recommendations for improvements
- Provides intelligence to the sales management team through the analysis of sales performance.
- Ensures a non-standard deal governance process is in place to manage organisational risk in the case of bespoke commercial, operational and legal terms.
- Ensures the required organisational support and resources are aligned with the agreed deal strategy.
- Provides exception reports in the case of non-compliance with deal governance process.
Compensation and sales enablement tools:
- Administers the compensation and incentives plan to ensure accuracy and avoid disputes.
- Works with Finance to calculate the sales commission compensation on a quarterly basis
- Works closely with the commercial operations manager to ensure a sales library is developed and maintained for efficient knowledge sharing and to ensure content governance.
- 8+ years within a Revenue / Sales / Commercial Operations function or similar preferably in a mid-large organisation
- Proficient in knowledge and understanding of how CRMs work and support organisations, ideally in Salesforce.com
- Experienced in delivering large scale business transformational projects, especially in system migrations and integrations
- Demonstrable track-record at driving cross-functional change in a multi-cultural, and geographically distributed environment
- Understanding of Sales & Account Management roles and behaviour in order to drive improvements in plan design
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to influence and lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Good understanding of Sales Compensation rules and practices
- Ability to network internally to create solutions where none exist
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, especially Advanced Excel and/or SQL
- Commercial experience in complex B2B sales or SAAS environment.
- Experience with Data Visualisation tools e.g.: BI, Tableau is a plus
- Certified in Salesforce admin would be advantageous
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include flexible working (50% of time spent in office), health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)