Second Spectrum is a Sports Emmy-winning data & tech division of GENIUS SPORTS that is building the next way of seeing sports by capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, EPL, MLS, and the NCAA.
The Role: Software Engineer, AI Group
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Artificial Intelligence group to develop and maintain data ingestion, transformation, delivery and monitoring systems, in close collaboration with our Platform, Infrastructure, Tracking and Operations groups.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop systems and workflows for ingesting and transforming various data sources, e.g. tracking, auto-eventing, clock feeds
- Develop data delivery and monitoring systems
- Develop machine learning pipelines and infrastructure
- Build, test, deploy and maintain production systems
- Develop, document, and communicate processes for operational staff
- Maintain best practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation, and coding standards
- Discuss and distribute knowledge, technical concepts, and ideas with any member of our diverse organization
- Languages, frameworks: Rust, Typescript, Python, Node.js
- Infrastructure, tools: AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Pulsar, Kibana, Grafana
- Version control: Git
What You Have:
- BSc or MSc or equivalent experience with a strong software engineering component
- Experience with our languages and technologies in our stack
- Affinity for teamwork and collaboration with others to solve problems, share knowledge, and provide feedback
- Strong communication skills when discussing technical concepts with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently in an efficient manner
- Flexibility and availability for work on-call, outside of regular work hours, as needed to support live sports
What Sets You Apart:
- Experience with data pipelines, devops, machine learning
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management
- Highly qualified technical leads and colleagues
- Working on cutting-edge products for major professional sports leagues and teams
- Team-oriented, start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages growth and provides opportunities to make an impact
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. Please be prepared to speak to anything listed on your resume or in your portfolio.
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location.
A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.