Second Spectrum is a Sports Emmy-winning data & tech division of GENIUS SPORTS that is building the next way of seeing sports by capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, EPL, MLS, and the NCAA.
Work as an integral part of our capture team supporting its mission of ingesting data from thousands of football and basketball games on a yearly basis. Specifically, you will
- Build and design our new low-latency, high-reliability video delivery and ingestion system and assist rolling it out to 100+ sports venues
- Maintain and be on-call for our existing high-performant data pipelines that feed 2TBs of data into our tracking systems on a weekly basis
- Industrial experience with Backend Software Development
- Proficiency in or strong interesting in learning Rust
- Solid understanding of common design patterns and high standards for maintainability, code quality, and performance
- Sound computer science foundations with an interest in optimization and high-performance
- You are a curious team player who enjoys cooperating with others and communicates well
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
- Cutting-edge products to work on for major professional sports leagues and teams.
- Team-oriented engineering habits and software engineering best practices (readable, maintainable, and efficient code).
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management led by highly-qualified technical leads.
- Innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages self-development and opportunities to make an impact.
- Multicultural team with employees based across several countries (e.g., Switzerland, Denmark, France, United States).
- Flexible working culture
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)