A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
What We Do
Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
Everything a sportsbook operator needs to manager their operation and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
- Media & Engagement
We help brands and publishers engage and monetise sports fans with personalised campaigns and content they will love.
As a Delivery and Engineering Manager you will work with delivery leads from several teams to deliver software solutions for a specific business division.
Your responsibilities will cover both the strategic and tactical aspects of teams delivery. You will work closely with major stakeholders to define your product vision and values, aligning the commercial vision with technical strategy. You will be fully responsible for the ownership and execution of your quarterly roadmap. You will work with Product Managers and other divisions and departments to ensure all aspects of requirements and delivery have been accounted for (this includes operational as well as technical delivery).
You will work with a committed and collaborative team of delivery leads as well as other stakeholders, PMs and Subject Matter Experts who will assist you in achieving shared product goals. You will need to work transparently within our collaboration tools (e.g. Jira and Confluence) and provide clear and easily consumable progress reports to stakeholders.
- Technical coordination between teams and departments
- Architectural oversight of the products you are responsible for
- Input to the commercial road map to ensure the business strategy does not contradict current investment and implementation
- Assist the commercial and product teams with responses to technical questions in Customer RFPs/RFIs
- Service outage management
- Ensure that cross-team software re-use is happening where applicable
- Ensure agreed quality standards are followed
- Productivity - ensure that your teams are productive
- Capacity planning - ensure that we are prepared to handle any increases in load, such as new customers or higher coverage for upcoming seasons
- Keep up with the latest best practice and technologies that may be relevant to the business
- Senior Developer level technical capabilities
- Innovation and forward thinking to ensure we stay ahead of technology curves
- Project management - working across multiple projects to ensure their successful delivery
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- In depth domain knowledge of the business and the products you are developing
- Time management - ability to manage your own time and that of your teams
- Delegation - at this level you must be able to delegate tasks to your Team Leads and trust they will deliver
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).