A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
What We Do
Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
Everything a sportsbook operator needs to manager their operation and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
- Media & Engagement
We help brands and publishers engage and monetise sports fans with personalised campaigns and content they will love.
Your work will involve the full software development cycle and your main responsibilities will include requirements analysis, designing and developing new software products and components, and investigating software issues and resolving defects. This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who is passionate about sports, willing to take on challenges and responsibility for new projects, deliver the best quality results to our clients and to be an integral part of a focused, agile team.
- Architect, design and develop new software products and components
- Write high quality, tested and maintainable code while using the best and latest technologies
- Work independently and within in a team in a dynamic agile environment and workplace
- Maintain and constantly improve documentation and share technical knowledge
- Investigation and resolution of issues reported by internal and external customers
- Good knowledge of PHP, including using the language to perform Object Oriented programming
- Full software life-cycle experience working on complex products within Agile environments
- Knowledge of database design, data structures and algorithms
- Experience in using open source libraries, tools and frameworks for logging, wiring, testing and building.
- Good spoken and written English
- Knowledge of modern PHP frameworks such as Symfony
- Exposure to AWS technologies such as EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, SQS, CloudFront and ElasticCache
- Understanding of software architecture patterns including SOA and microservices
- Experience with API design and architecture
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
For this role we offer gross salary starting from 3000 eur/month, depending on the level of experience.
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).