A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
What We Do
Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
Everything a sportsbook operator needs to manager their operation and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
- Media & Engagement
We help brands and publishers engage and monetise sports fans with personalised campaigns and content they will love.
As a Data Engineer at Genius Sports, you will work within the Statistics Calculation team between the Data Management and the Enterprise BI team and be responsible for managing the flow of data into the core BI platforms as well as many aspects of its storage and use within the BI stack. Reporting into the Data Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for engineering and maintaining our data pipelines and data structures as a whole, including related BAU activities and Level 3 support.
This role requires a high level of data literacy and data modelling with strong knowledge of SQL at its core and experience working with data warehouses, cloud-based data platforms, data pipelines to service business intelligence analytical tools.
At Genius Sports, we want to get as much value as we can from our data. We do that by enabling more people in the business to understand and use all the data we have.
As part of our data strategy, we are proud worldwide early adopters of the Distributed Data Mesh approach, and as a data engineer, you will be actively involved in implementing it.
· Deliver data solutions to support data-driven decision making within the business
· Designing and developing data warehouses and data marts
· Implementing data transformations and data models
· Designing and developing data pipelines to extract and load of data from different heterogeneous source systems such as flat files, CSVs, SQL Server, MySQL, REST API services, JSON and Amazon S3 into operational data stores, then transform it and load data warehouses
· Strong SQL and Python to implement ETL/ELT to load data warehouses
· Experience with Snowflake, Redshift or BigQuery
· Knowledge of data warehouse modelling using the Kimball methodology
· Ability to break down requirements into smaller, achievable deliverables
· Experience within an Agile team and understanding of Agile principles
· Experience with Git and GitLab to work collaboratively with the team
· Familiar with AWS services such as S3, EC2, IAM, Lambda and AWS SDK (Boto3)
· Excellent communication skills
· Exposure to DataOps and CI/CD pipelines within GitLab in particular
· Comfortable with developing Power BI dataflow and datasets
· Passion for sports
For this role we offer gross salary starting from 4500 EUR/month, depending on the level of experience.
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).