Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees.
GENIUS SPORTS SERVICES
An internal facing division, GSS is responsible for technology, support and delivery. Its function –including our Data Collection, UX, Customer Support and Trading teams – is to provide 24/7 operational and technical support so that our commercial teams can deliver their range of products and services to our partners.
As a part of our Agile Development team you will work with the latest technologies to develop services to provide real-time sport related data to a large and demanding customer base comprising Sporting Associations, Sports Betting and Media companies.
As a Delivery Lead .NET your primary focus will be the development of software components using C# (.NET Core/.NET Standard), leading a team with full-stack responsibilities. You will be involved in the full software life-cycle and have exposure to a broad set of technologies, including Web and Cloud.
This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
- Technical oversight of the projects being developed by your team, as well as technical implementation
- Team leadership and line management
- Recruiting, retention and growth of team members
- Collaborating with other parts of the business
- Coaching and training of team members
- Working with Product Owners to ensure stories have the required level of detail
- Risk management – Identifying, mitigating and resolving business and technical risks
- Service outage management and further preventative and improvement measures
- Release management and continuous integration delivery
- Understanding, observing and contributing to internal engineering standards
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Excellent familiarity with SOLID and Design Patterns
- Domain Driven Design
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Skills in designing and developing complex systems
- Concurrent Processing and Multi-Threading
- Database and Caching Technologies (SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, NoSQL)
- Version Control (git preferable)
- Full software life-cycle experience working on complex products within Agile environments
- TDD/BDD and supporting technologies (NUnit, Mocking Frameworks, SpecFlow, Selenium)
- Enthusiasm and ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Experience leading a team of developers / Line management
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Event Sourcing
- Messaging and communication technologies (RabbitMQ, HTTP, TCP, REST, Web API, SignalR)
- DevOps Principles
- AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, Aurora, CloudFormation, Cognito)
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- GitLab CI
- Logging and Monitoring (log4net, Graylog, Graphite/Grafana, OpsGenie, TickStack)
- Experience working in a collaborative team (Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Other Technologies and Tools: Powershell, Jira
- Mathematical Aptitude
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)