Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees.
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans. We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
- Lead commercial activity in USA, with the overall high-level objective of acquiring access and rights to targeted approved sports/events (games/matches) for Genius Sports in the designated country/region.
- Providing clear sales direction and strategy.
- Rapidly grow brand awareness and relevant industry awareness throughout the region.
- Support the implementation of the Genius Sports Commercial Strategy in USA and assist the Commercial Director Genius Sports Group with the ongoing development of Genius Sports strategy.
- Responsibility for a sub-set of the revenue and event/rights acquisitions budget for Genius Sports in the USA.
- Drive sales of Genius Sports technology and services across targeted sports to support our mission to become the world’s leading sports technology and data services provider.
- To identify, strategize and drive up-sell opportunities against key accounts/sports.
- Identifying key opportunities for product growth in the digital environment and liaising with the product team to develop those opportunities.
This will entail:
- A 100% commercial focus - this role is currently a standalone role with the opportunity to build a sales team in the future
- Implementing the agreed and approved rights acquisition strategy
- Reporting on regional sales activity to Commercial Director Genius Sports Group (monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Sales and acquisition activity within the USA region
- Rights negotiations
- Leveraging existing network of Genius Sports and Executive Team to drive new sales and revenue opportunities
- Analyzing rights value (prospects and evaluation of existing rights performance) and direct focus/priorities in events/match/game acquisition across key sports throughout target region
- Determining unit and gross profit by implementing approved rights/sales strategies and analyzing trends and results
- Projecting sales volume and profit for existing and new game/event supply
- Assisting in the development of the Annual Global Sales and Marketing plan
- Directing sales effort across dedicated and shared resources
- Managing sales operational requirements in the region re scheduling, marketing, events/conferences, following up on results
- Contributing to the effective use of sales tools (i.e. Salesforce and Power BI)
Key Relationships & Interactions – Internal
- Commercial Director, Genius Sports Group
- Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
- Commercial Director, GSM
- Head of Sports Partnerships
- Head of Account Management, US
Key Relationships & Interactions – External
- Pro Leagues and Federations; NCAA (including NCAA Conferences and Schools), NBA, MLB and others
- Sports Agencies and Partners
- Media Publishers and Brands
- Active participation in targeted Industry Groups and Events
Qualifications & Experience Desired
- 5 years + working with/within US sports rights holders on key commercial initiatives; sponsorship, media rights etc.
- A track record of successfully over-achieving sales / rights / commercial targets
- Experience in market creation, marketing, marketing communications, sales, acquisition, business development with (a technical product or service) in a B2B environment
- Strong existing relationship and proven partnership development experience in sports and media industries, with outstanding (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills
- Research, feasibility evaluation, financial / usage modelling, stakeholder management and Business Case development
- Commercial graduate (or higher) level qualification
- Experience in conducting and negotiating commercial agreements, often resolving conflicting needs of respective parties
- A clear priority in providing excellence in customer service
- Relationship management and strong networking skills
- Understanding of the sports technical/data and commercialization space, with the ability to embrace and quickly adapt to new technologies and opportunities
- Understanding of and a passion for sports, in particular soccer, basketball and volleyball
- Significant stakeholder management experience in a complex matrix environment
- End-to-end sales/acquisition cycle management in a B2B environment
Skills & Abilities
- Proven networking and relationship building skills, with a strong capacity to influence others
- Ability to influence partners and key stakeholders in order to pave the way for technically complex negotiations around progressive initiatives in the sports technology, data and media space
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team Player
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and demands, whilst staying focused to achieve business goals, including revenue
- Strong presentation skills and presence – an ability to represent Genius Sports through public forums and to clearly articulate and comprehend product and business objectives
- Ability to understand and interpret technical concepts from a business/commercial perspective
- Ability to pro-actively recognize and prepare for opportunities borne by new and emerging market and technology developments
- Ability to identify and champion opportunities from market scanning and/or unmet customer needs
- Ability to motivate and be persuasive in gaining support for ideas and opportunities (especially with internal stakeholders)
- Aptitude to liaise with senior management and legal counsel on contractual matters
We have a work-hard, play hard culture at Genius Sports. We have many social events going on throughout the year such as, summer and Christmas parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, birthday celebrations, food vouchers, charity days and wellbeing actives. Health insurance coverage, skills training opportunities and many others depending on location are part of our benefits list.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)