Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees.
GENIUS SPORTS SERVICES
An internal facing division, GSS is responsible for technology, support and delivery. Its function –including our Data Collection, UX, Customer Support and Trading teams – is to provide 24/7 operational and technical support so that our commercial teams can deliver their range of products and services to our partners.
As a part of our Internal Tooling team you will help develop and maintain the tools needed to keep our business moving. As a PHP Developer your primary focus will be the development of back-end and front-end components using PHP, working as part of a team with full-stack responsibilities. You will be involved in the full software life-cycle and have exposure to a broad set of technologies, including Web and Cloud.
This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
- Maintain a good level of technical quality
- Have a voice on technical solutions
- Bug & incident process implementation
- Continuous improvement
- Follow best development processes
- Add testing where suitable
- Assist with devops work
- Partner up with PO
- Assist PO to refine requirements
- Work with PO on a rough estimate
- Help PO identifying bottlenecks/dependencies
- Knowledge of PHP (PHP7)
- Knowledge of at least one PHP framework (Laravel, CodeIgniter etc)
- Communication and messaging technologies (HTTP, Web Sockets, RabbitMQ)
- Knowledge of software design patterns and messaging patterns
- Knowledge of Database and Caching Technologies (Couchbase, Memcache, NoSql DBs etc)
- Unit and integration testing/Test automation
- Enthusiasm and ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Logging and Monitoring (Graylog, Graphite/Grafana, OpsGenie, TickStack)
We have a work-hard, play hard culture at Genius Sports. We have many social events going on throughout the year such as, summer and Christmas parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, birthday celebrations, food vouchers, charity days and wellbeing actives. Health insurance coverage, skills training opportunities and many others depending on location are part of our benefits list.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).