Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees.
ABOUT GENIUS SPORTS
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans. We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
The successful candidate will join the Genius Sports commercial team with a proven track record of consistently achieving challenging targets. They will need to demonstrate an ability to discover and understand client requirements and match Genius Sports’ products and services to those requirements. The successful candidate will be a driven individual who can demonstrate a desire to over achieve. They must have the ability to open doors with new prospects and upsell to existing ones. They need to be an independent self-starter who can deliver results without the need to be tightly managed. They will be required to immerse themselves within the sports rights and betting worlds and to understand all league, federation, technological and regulatory developments. They need to have the ability to understand our software/trading products at a high level (please note there is no requirement to have a technical background). Finally, they need to demonstrate an ability to think creatively with regard to commercial arrangements and have excellent numerical, written and presentation skills.
- Source and close deals with sports leagues and federations by acquiring their data and streaming rights for betting on an Exclusive basis
- Grow the Genius Sports brand awareness within both mainstream sports and new growth sports opportunities
- Serve as an ambassador for Genius Sports’ ambition to marry sports leagues and federations with world-class technology, services and financial opportunity
- Be able to pitch the Genius Sports’ technology suite for all sports
- Proactively lean in to the Genius Sports’ EMEA commercial team, assisting the Commercial Partnerships Director and colleagues in meeting and exceeding targets across all areas
- Identify, plan and execute up-sell opportunities against key accounts/sports.
- Provide agreed upon regular progress reports on conversations and deal advancement
- Maintain regular sales data in Salesforce
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) level qualification essential
- Excellent written & spoken English
- SUPERB, PROVEN negotiation & deal closure capabilities
- Demonstrable initiative, hunter mentality, driven by goals
- Ability to communicate at all levels – in particular to present at board level
- Proven networking and relationship building skills, with a strong capacity to influence others
- Strong presentation skills & presence – an ability to represent Genius Sports through public forums and to clearly articulate and comprehend product and business objectives
- Understanding of the sports technical/data & commercialisation space, with the ability to embrace & quickly adapt to new technologies and opportunities
- Understanding of and passion for sports, in particular football, basketball & volleyball
- Ideally has established relationships with sports leagues & federations across EMEA
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and demands, whilst staying focused to achieve business goals, including revenue
- Ability to understand and interpret technical concepts from a business/commercial perspective
- Research, feasibility evaluation, ROI analysis, stakeholder management and business case development
- A clear priority in providing excellence in customer service
- Significant stakeholder management experience in a complex matrix environment
We have a work-hard, play hard culture at Genius Sports. We have many social events going on throughout the year such as, summer and Christmas parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, birthday celebrations, food vouchers, charity days and wellbeing actives. Health insurance coverage, skills training opportunities and many others depending on location are part of our benefits list.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)